cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wi-Fi connection issues with EERO router

smdrywa1
Level 1
Level 1

We have had multiple reports from remote end users that the wi-fi connection under Secure Client is stuck on Authenticating/Associating when using an EERO router.  Restarting the router and running a Network Repair on Secure Client does not resolve the issue.  The only solution has been to connect the users to the router via Ethernet.  This allows a successful wired connection to the user's home network and then to the company VPN. Three of the four users have Frontier as the ISP and the other has Optimum. We first saw the issue occur with the first user about 2-3 weeks ago. 

24 Replies 24

Another update... Not sure whether it's useful or not...

I can see my work laptop connected to the WiFi, verified by seeing its MAC address is showing connected in the eero app (on 5 GHz).

So it's definitely a problem between the AnyConnect VPN and the eero and not a WiFi problem as such.

The frustration and lack of movement continues... (eero haven't rolled back their firmware either)

Sadly my user reports turning off 5Ghz and 6Ghz (one at a time) doesn't get his working. I can only ask my user what to do and trust that they did it right. 

Ditto.

Sly-one
Level 1
Level 1

Steps/Workaround sent by EERO:

Steps / workaround:

• Make sure WPA3 is disabled
  • If able, confirm if the device can connect via ethernet
  • Hide 5 GHz to confirm if the device can connect on 2.4 GHz
  • If hiding 5 GHz does not allow the device to connect, or if the customer gets the error “descriptive name already exists” please check if their SSID has any special characters in it and remove them.
    • This in particular is related to a Cisco Anyconnect bug

Don't bother reading up on the Cisco AnyConnect bug unless you are using an iOS phone and SSID has an apostrophe...

"When SSID has an apostrophe and Smart Punctuation is enabled on iOS phone..."

smdrywa1
Level 1
Level 1

Good news! 

We may have found a potential solution.  Updating the ERRO app seems to have caused the connection to be successfully established. After the update two of my three users were resolved.  The one user still having the issue is also updated but must have another issue preventing the connection.  He has Optimum for his ISP which may/may not be part of the issue.   Let me know if this update works for anyoen else.

IMG_7750.jpegIMG_7752.jpeg

EERO suggested I upgrade to v7.1.1-16 when it came out.
Still having same issue. (I.e. wired works fine. Wifi, at any speed, does not.)

smdrywa1
Level 1
Level 1

I still have one user not able to connect to Wi-Fi even with the updated app version as well.  I just fully re-installed NAM and that did not work so next is a full re-install of all Cisco Secure Client apps.  I still believe this is an ISP issue.  The user has Optimum as his ISP.  Anyone else still seeing this?

I was still having the problem as of today. But then I tried disabling WPA3 and that has allowed me to connect. My ISP is Verizon Fios for what its worth. I also found this bug report below. I don't have the ability to update the OS on my work computer, so I'll be waiting until they push it out before I'll be able to test their solution.

https://bst.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCwi27062

smdrywa1
Level 1
Level 1

My user installed a new update for his ERRO app on his phone and this has fully resolved the issue for him.  At least for me, this issue has been resolved. Hope this helps some of you.

IMG_7920.jpeg