cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

XML API (CreateMeeting) calls to schedule meetings is not honoring the "Assign default call-in numbers" setting

romorgan
Level 1
Level 1

We have just started to use the XML API and notice that there is a problem with the default call-in toll numbers.  I tried logging this issue with cisco.com (684826604), but they say that they don't handle API issues and have to log it here. 

XML API (CreateMeeting) calls to schedule meetings is not honoring the "Assign default call-in numbers" setting made under Common Site Settings -> Options -> Site Options in our WebEx Administration site.  It always returns a dial-in number using area code of 240 which is presumably the choice "United States Toll (Washington D.C.)", regardless of my domestic toll-number selection.  This configuration setting is currently set as "United States Toll (New York City)". 

Another issue is that when I view "My Meetings" on the website and view the meeting details it not only reports the 240 number but incorrectly states that it is a "San Jose" number.  Ex: +1-240-454-0887 United States Toll (San Jose)

I have done side-by-side comparisons of scheduling using the XML API and using the web UI.  When using the web UI the correct default call-in number is picked up and reported. So I know that the setting is actually working.  The results are attached here as a Word document.

One of my technical contacts at Cisco says that this is most likely a software defect since the added domestic toll/local-numbers, beyond the San Jose 408 number, are new.  I don't know either way, however.  We just need for a local NYC area-code number to be generated when we schedule meetings via the XML API.

Is this indeed a defect?  Or do we need to do something specifically different than what we are doing?

3 Replies 3

Dirk-Jan Uittenbogaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to https://developer.cisco.com/site/webex-developer/develop-test/xml-api/schema/

and search for "CreateMeeting", did you check all available options to see if the CreateMeeting API call allows you to set the "default call-in numbers"? (either manually or honoring the Site admin settings)

We have taken another look at the Schema for "CreateMeeting" using both the link provided as well as for other versions and don't see any API call allowing control over setting the "default call-in number" to use.  If you have some specific idea about how that might be achieved (which elements exactly) then I welcome that additional information.

I keep coming back to the oddity that when creating a meeting via the API the resulting meeting on the Web shows disagreement between the area code and the city name associated with it.  In other words the scheduled meeting shows a DC area code number but states it is a "San Jose" toll number.  (See attached in original posting.)  If such API control were to exist then it seems to follow that separate controls should be available for selecting the default toll-number *and* what area-code label to use.

Anyone else?

If possible, please open a case for this. Unfortunately I don't have the bandwidth to test this any time soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: