cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Announcing Cisco Mobile for Android

mgervase
Level 1
Level 1

Heard about our new WebEx app for Android? https://communities.cisco.com/message/63828#63828

Well, we are also very proud to announce Cisco Mobile for Android.

You may already be familiar with our successful Cisco Mobile 8.1 app for iPhone: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11596/index.html

As a reminder, Cisco Mobile is an app that lets you place, receive, and manage calls over a Wi-Fi network using your smartphone.

Cisco Mobile for Android turns your smartphone into an IP phone, while also providing corporate directory lookup and enterprise telephony calling features.

You can run Cisco Mobile for Android in the background to receive calls but not interfere with other applications on your smartphone. With Cisco Mobile, you can also:

·       Use your business phone number for outgoing and incoming calls, masking your personal phone number

·       Move calls from a Wi-Fi to a cellular network, keeping calls live without disconnecting

·       Move calls to your Cisco Unified IP Phone and back, so you can roam while continuing calls

Cisco Mobile for Android features utilize the native Android interface, making them easy to use:

·       Add, conference, and swap calls with multiple callers using simple soft-key commands

·       Be alerted to and listen to your office voice messages with a single click

·       Access your company directory while you are on the go

Cisco Mobile for Android will be available to download in late March 2011.

To learn more, visit www.cisco.com/go/ciscomobileuc and read the datasheet.

You can also read what Samsung had to say about the value of Cisco Mobile in their Feb 13 press release.

So what kind of Android phone do you have? We don't officially support Cisco Mobile on all Android phones, but that doesn't mean you can't give it a try. Come back in late March and give it a try?

Mark Gervase

Collaboration Marketing

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

48 Replies 48

Hello,

any news for galaxy note ?

It looks like the phone is not able to correctly sends the SIP register messages. When we sniff data from CUCM, we have have part of the packets.

Then both CUCM and the phone drop the link. I've made some tests with wifi direct link (working with a galaxy tab and the same BOT profile) and I also tested with anyconnect.

I was thinking of a fragmentation issue, but I'm able to log on CUCM admin page, so I'm quite lost for the moment...

This phone is pretty nice to use (screen is really good) and that's a pity to not being able to connect it to CUCM.

Users also really wants to use their phone for video conferences...

Thanks for your feedback,

NH

Nicolas,

I see you posted a similar question in the Private Collaboration User Group and are working with the Technical Engineer to find an answer to your question.

Thank you for your participation in the Community.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community and User Group

Petrus Botes
Level 1
Level 1

Is there at least some sort of Roadmap maybe that can be shared with us on what is happening with the Android Jabber client?

You're right, it could be quite usefull.

According to our first tests some features look better than current version : secure connect is working !!!

But we're waiting for other features like Video. Another one, very important for people doing roaming, is ... roaming management. Will it be possible to stop 3G connection when roaming ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: