cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Dial Rule with Jabber for Windows

sat.datos.mdtel
Level 1
Level 1
I have a CallManager cluster 8.6 and Cisco Unified Presence server 8.6.
I am using Jabber for windows.
I uploaded the file "cmterm-cupc-dialrule-wizard-0.1.cop.sgn" on CUCM.
However, I don´t know to configure the Application Dial Rules to be used by Jabber for
Windows
How can I configure on CUCM "Application Dial Rules" to use them with Jabber for Windows?
2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is not so diffcult. There two tyoes of dial rules

1. Application dial rules

2. Directory lookup rules

Application dial rule is used to map a dialled number to a valid Pattern within your cluster..

E.G you are using private dial plan as your DNs i.e users have 8 digit extension. However in your AD, you have full e164 number populated. When jabber populates user details it will populate the full e164 number. Without some form of digit manipualtion when you try to call that user, the call will fail because the dialled number is not valid...hence the need for an application dial rule...

Example user bbankks has extension 5000800 on his phone. His AD phone field has +23415000800.

To be able to call this user from Jabber you will then configure the ff application dial rules

Number begins with +

Number of digits 12

Total digits to be removed 5

So tis rule will remove the left most first 5 digits..and you will have 5000800 as the dialled number.

You can also use translation patterns to achieve this instead of dial rules...

The directory lookup rules help you to match called numbers to valid E164 numberrs in AD, otherwise when calls come to jabber users the correct CLI will not be displayed...

eg if a user dials 5000800 you need to esxpand it to +23415000800

so you will add a rule like

Number begins with 5

Number of digits 7

total digts to be removed 0

prefix with pattern +2341

NB: Evrytime you make a chane to the dial rule you have to re-apply the cop file. This is why xlation pattern work better and are less intrusive

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for this. I was having a hard time really understanding app dial-rules. But this made it easy.

My question tho is if you wanted to re-apply the cop file. Do you simply have to restart the frameworks phone? Or do you have to restart tftp?