Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a physical server and need BE6000 OVA with all license and support

what do I need in the BOM ?

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is nothing called as BE6k Software, BE6k is a  solution which support 1000 user consisting  of CUCM,CUC,IM, Expressway etc...

If you are using your Third party hardware, you need to make sure its compatible with the UC specs.

If you are a customer, involve a partner who  is good in VOICE technology to design a solution for you. If you are a partner, open a partner support for building  BOM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Are you planning to use your existing Physical server to run UC applications ?  Not clear, can you explain a bit more about your requirement.. 

For BOQ, I would suggest to involve a Cisco partner who is good in VOICE. 

Response Signature

Yes I already have physical server and I need only the BE6000 software with all license and support

There is nothing called as BE6k Software, BE6k is a  solution which support 1000 user consisting  of CUCM,CUC,IM, Expressway etc...

If you are using your Third party hardware, you need to make sure its compatible with the UC specs.

If you are a customer, involve a partner who  is good in VOICE technology to design a solution for you. If you are a partner, open a partner support for building  BOM.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BE6K is a bundle of HW AND SW

You cannot just use any HW you like and then say it's a 6K, it's a bundle because it was tested by Cisco to guarantee the performance that is being offered for it on marketing.

If you have 3rd party HW, you absolutely can run CUCM on it (assuming it meets the requirements, which would be your responsibility to make sure it does) but you CANNOT call it a BE6K, nor you can buy the 6K licensing. It will be an old regular UC on 3rd party specs based deployment and you will need to buy regular CUCM licensing.

As Nithin said, it's best if you involve a local Cisco partner WITH voice specializations or a reputable consultant for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate