Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6K VMware upgrade 6.x to 7.x LIC Key

j-lehmann
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,
the solutions suggested here in the community for updating the VMWare version on a BE6K are no longer relevant.
Customer has VMware 6.x and would like to upgrade to 7.x, PUT has been replaced by MCE, I cannot find a way to update VMWare LICs there. How do I go about providing the customer with a current version?
Greetings
Jörg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All license upgrade You need to place through MCE, but version 7 is still not available on MCE  to order. Check with local SE regarding the  VMware 7 availability.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 9.47.20 AM.png

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi, 

The VM licenses are managed by VMware and if you have registered your account with VMware, you can see it on their licensing management page. 

Thanks for the help, but this is only valid if you register the Lics with VMWare. The LICs of a BE6K are pre-installed.
greetings
Jörg

All license upgrade You need to place through MCE, but version 7 is still not available on MCE  to order. Check with local SE regarding the  VMware 7 availability.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 9.47.20 AM.png

Response Signature

Thanks for the help, I have opened a LIC case. Let's see what comes out of it.
greetings
Jörg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: