Helpful
Replies

Block Inbound calls to specific extension

DarlynDiaz2948
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

It's a pleasure.

I'm starting in the collaboration world, and I would like to know "How I can block the inbound call to a specific extension".

The enviroment is the next "I have 1 cucm, 1 cuc and 1 cube, the cuc is doing auto attendant and voice mail. 

Where do I need to configure the blocking of the external numbers toward my internal extension?

3 Replies 3

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

make use of the concept of CSS / Partition. That's one of the "must-know-how-to-configure" topics in the CUCM environment.

Put the extension into a separated partition.

And in the CSS, which is assigned to the device (SIP Trunk, GW, ...), where the call is coming from, don't include this partition. Then this device can't reach the extension any more.

As @b.winter mentioned, the Partition and CSS are the integral concepts to understanding the dial plan in the Cisco Call Manager system. 

FYI 

Do not assign an internal number that has DDI (external number) mapping and you can save one DDI number here.  

As long as you have the CSS with external access assigned to the device/DN, you should be able to make outbound calls. Use an external phone number mask to assign the Pilot number as CLI to avoid external parties getting your direct number. 

Regards, 

It can be done i multiple ways

simple option is partition Css. on cucm put this extension on a new partition. On gateway/trunk(based on your deployment) Assign css which don’t have access to this partition.  

you won’t receive  any more calls from outside.

Response Signature