Replies

Call Handler announcement plays and phone rings at the same time

sambitkhuas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Need help

Call Flow:
SIP Trunk -- CTI Route Point (CFA) --- Unity Call handler --- CUCM (Hunt Pilot)

The calls work fine and the call handler plays the announcement "Thank you for calling, your call will be answered..."
Then the call rings the phones

The requirement is that:

• The phones should ring (simultaneously) while the announcement is being played
  • After a certain number of rings the, announcement should be played again

Is this possible to achieve in this setup (without UCCX/UCCE)?

3 Replies 3

I think here customer wants the routing decision & greeting announcement to be played simultaneously. I don't think that's possible because only after selecting any appropriate DTMF routing decision will happen & call will send to HP/DN.

Even if you opt for UCCE, it keeps playing greeting using Vmxl/VVB till the time agent becomes available & then only call is routed to available agent.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try queuing in CUCM 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm with Jaime on this. Try Native Call Queuing in CUCM to fulfill the needs:

• Hunt pilot with call queuing set for a Custom Announcement
  • Set the line group to ring as broadcast, setting the RNAR at the line group to the desired number of seconds
  • Set the "no answer" setting in the queuing section to forward to another hunt pilot that is set up the same as the first (Be sure to set the other forwarding settings, too!)
  • Repeat this X times for how often you want the call to announce/ring
  • For the "last" hunt pilot, set the "no answer" to roll to voicemail or some other final forwarding behavior

You may have to play with the above a bit, but the underlying concept should work.

Maren