Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not remove second line in Jabber for Tablet device on CUCM

Fikri FIRAT
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

The functionality we are trying to achieve is that people will have different DNs for their desk phones and Jabber for iPad devices, but when they make a call from the iPad, the desk phone DN will be shown. I have been testing out the Primary extension feature in the CUCM but it doesn't work properly so far. And now, I added two different DNs to a Jabber for Tablet device and can not remove the second one from 'Modify button items'. It gives the following error :

Update failed. TypeDbErrors.gen25083

Any ideas on how to fix this? Any ideas on how to use the primary extension feature?

Regards,

Fikri

Enironment :

CUCM 8.6.2

Jabber for iPad 9.3.2 / Jabber for iOS 9.6

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would delete the device and recreate it or delete the DN and then put it back on the device(s) it does belong on. The only real way to fix this would a TAC case so they can open a defect for you.

Primary Extension isn't used in any of the alerting/connected display states. The only way to achieve this would be a lot of very complicated translation patterns/partitions/CSSes with calling party transformations on them. For example, if your desk phone DN was 2000 but the tablet DN was 3000, the translation pattern that would need to match for every number you dial would have to transform the calling party to 2XXX.

If you want an opinion, this is bad design. You don't email a person at a separate address for their desktop vs. their smartphone. CUCM is designed to work the same way: you are calling a user, not the device.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would delete the device and recreate it or delete the DN and then put it back on the device(s) it does belong on. The only real way to fix this would a TAC case so they can open a defect for you.

Primary Extension isn't used in any of the alerting/connected display states. The only way to achieve this would be a lot of very complicated translation patterns/partitions/CSSes with calling party transformations on them. For example, if your desk phone DN was 2000 but the tablet DN was 3000, the translation pattern that would need to match for every number you dial would have to transform the calling party to 2XXX.

If you want an opinion, this is bad design. You don't email a person at a separate address for their desktop vs. their smartphone. CUCM is designed to work the same way: you are calling a user, not the device.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan,

It appears that it is an issue on the CUCM version 8.6.2.

Regards,

Fikri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: