cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't call forward no answer to a CTI Route Point

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to call forward no answer (5113), busy etc. to a CTI Route Point (2212) that goes to a Unity Connection System Call Handler

When I call 5113 and they let it ring, it goes to the voicemail greeting "Cisco Unity Connection messaging system..."

I tried it with "Voice Mail Profile" set to correctly (voicemail) and with it set to "NoVoiceMail"

Either way, I get the message "Cisco Unity Connection messaging system..."

Do I need to enter something other than just 2212, maybe d2212 or something

Can someone point me in the right direction?

6 Replies 6

If I understand you correctly you want the call to reach voicemail of the originally called number, but that’s not what you’re seeing. Did I understand that correctly? If so you likely need to alter a setting in Unity Connection to have it look for the original forward number, not the last. This is a very common issue.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, no.

I want to call phone one x5113 (no voicemail on this line) I want to set the line to ring no answer, busy etc on x5113 to forward to phone 2 x2212.

If 5113 is called and no one answers, I want the phone to call forward to 2212

Thanks

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I think I understand @kbeaton that you want callers to x5113 to have unanswered calls route to the voice mail box for x2112.  In order to do this, you need to set x5113 as an alternate extension for x2112.  Try it and let us know if it solves your problem.

Response Signature

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I just tested forwarding calls to a CTI DID and get the same result with the caller hearing the Voice Mail prompt @kbeaton.  This is probably a limitation of using a CTI instead of using either a hunt group or regular DID.  Can you get the same functionality for the x2112 extension using a hunt group instead of the CTI configuration?

Response Signature

When you say hunt group, do you mean hunt pilot or route pattern by chance?

The CTI Route Point 2212 goes to a Unity Connection, System Call Manager 2212 that has a menu for callers to choose from.

5113 is an extension on a desk phone that I want to call forward no answer to 2212

Can I use a Hunt Group or a Route Pattern for my Unity Connection, System Call Manager?

Can I point a Route Pattern at a Unity Connection, System Call Manager?

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I think that what you want done is callers to 2212 get routed to a menu for callers to choose from but if they don't make any choice from the menu, the call should route to 5113.  You would want to set this up as a System Call Handler in Unity and select the type of Greeting you are using (standard, closed, etc.) and set the "After Greeting" to route to a caller with a voice mail box.  See the picture below for this specific setting.

AA-AfterGreetingOption.PNG

Response Signature