cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER with MRA and Extension Mobility

d.kettler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is using Extension Mobility at the office and during the pandemic installed MRA and had users take these phones home and continued to use Extension Mobility (EM) at home to login and access their profile through MRA.  The customer has decided to leave these phones at the home offices.  As we are working with them to become compliant with the new e911 laws and using CER in the environment, will we need to hardcode all the home phones to the users extension or is there a way to use EM at the home phones with CER? 

Thank you

4 Replies 4

National emergency calling providers like Red Sky and Intrado/West have this feature when integrated with CER. And given that your user's phones are at home and likely in multiple PSAP areas working with a national provider is probably a good idea.

Maren

KhanalZ
Level 1
Level 1

I quickly went through the CER off premise guide and got the impression that we can achieve the e911 compliance for off premise phones (MRAs) without having to use third party tools such as Intrado or Redsky? Is this correct?

Not as I understand it. For nomadic users, ie not located at a corporate office location, you’ll need to use a 3:rd party service.

Response Signature