Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Jabber File Transfer default save location

xyzjames
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guru,

One of our customers is asking if the Jabber file transfer default save location can be changed to other location.

By default, it is saved to "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\MyJabberFiles\". And there is only "accept" and "decline". There is no "save as" option.

He prefers a location like "C:\SavedFiles" for everyone in the company. The customer has changed it for Lync so he also want to change it for Jabber.

I have searched doc and forum but couldn't find any answer. Maybe a local register value can solve this? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

James

8 Replies 8

michaelfine77
Level 1
Level 1

James,

I am looking to store Jabber transfered files to a network store rather than the local PC for security reasons. Did you find a way to change the file transfer location?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

Sorry, we haven't got any progress yet. Hope Cisco developers can see this thread and reply.

Thanks

James

Hi guys,

do you have any update on this issue?

Hello guys!

With Jabber 11.5 you can set the Default save Location for files with the following commands in "jabber-config.xml":

<AllowUserSelectChatsFileDirectory>false</AllowUserSelectChatsFileDirectory>

<MyJabberFilesLocation>location</MyJabberFilesLocation>

Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 11.5

Big thanks to Ravish from Cisco TAC ;-)!

best regards

Ben

Hi Ben/Team,

Thanks for the post.

To be more precise the above feature can be achieved as below:

From Jabber 11.5 release notes we see as below,

Choose Destination Folder for Chats and File Transfers—Users can now specify their own folder destination for saved chats and file transfers. You can disable this feature with the AllowUserSelectChatsFileDirectory parameter. For more information about this parameter, see the Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 11.5.

Reference Link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_5/cjab_b_cisco-jabberwindows-115-release-notes.html#reference_FECA497D3A71D9C2E3CC7A2C8320265C

Please refer to the link below to perform the task:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_J06BEF2D_00_jabber-parameters-reference-guide-115/CJAB_BK_J06BEF2D_00_jabber-parameters-reference-guide-115_chapter_010.html

Refer to the section, « AllowUserSelectChatsFileDirectory” in  the above link.

Before this you need to EnableAutosave and AutosaveChatsLocation as per the above link.

Best Regards,

Ravish.

Hello Ravish!

Maybe you can help me once again?

I want to reference in the Jabber XML file the user specific location "Downloads".

So in Windows you can use "%USERPROFILE%\Downloads" to go directly into the standard download folder of an user. Is that also possible with Jabber for the file location?

When I enter the command:

<MyJabberFilesLocation>%USERPROFILE%\Downloads</MyJabberFilesLocation>

the Jabber crash and of course don't save the file. Did I have to use another syntax or is it not possible to reference a user specific Folder?

Thanks and best regards

Benjamin

PS: a normal path with example "C:\Downloads" is working wonderful ;-).

You are hitting a bug: CSCvb69245, that Cisco has categorized as an "Enhancement".
In short, jabber does not support dynamic path variables like %USERNAME% or %USERPROFILE%.

a

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: