Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway on UC14

scr.sybex1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear

I have a problem with MRA Registered client.

all of the client registered with the expressway-c ip address on cucm when they all registering through expressway.

on previous cucm 11.5 or 105 and expressway  it has 12.6.2 it has option that i forget now that show registered device with their public ip addresses. but now on expressway 12.7 i couldn't find that option and forget that where that was configured before.

the cucm version that i used is 14.0 with expressway 12.7.

problem is that when the Jabber Client registered with the same ip addresses they get on way audio and can't communication with each other cause the ucm shows same ip address for both device.

11 Replies 11

AFAIK, it shows the expressway-C IP. one way audio due to this reason I never faced. Can I know the call flow ? 

I also  suggest you take logs from E and C and run it on CSA tool. 

Response Signature

Thanks for reply,

I attach the diagnostics logs from expressway-e and expressway-c.

I appreciate if you could help me to find the problem.

the file is tar i just change it that can upload it on cisco.

cucm ip address:172.16.15.20

expressway control: 172.16.15.27

expressway edge internal: 172.16.15.28

expressway edge external: 172.16.31.27

client 1: 172.16.18.0/24 (115 DN)

client 2: 109.236.86.0 internet (108 DN)

Running your logs on CSA tool I was able to see  below issue, add your domains on expressway C.

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 5.27.43 PM.png

Regarding the option to see clients original IP, 

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 6.43.54 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-05-10 at 6.47.00 PM.png

Response Signature

Thanks for replying

user can sign-in on expressway through mra, I don't know why the analyzer show the error message: "mra is configured on the VCS but no domain is activated for sip causing soft phone registration failure".

and I configured the domain on both expressway-c and expressway-e don't know why they csa show that.

is there any other step to activated domain for sip?

on expressway-c:

1)Create the domain

2)SIP registration and provisioning on expressway set to OFF

3)SIP registration and provisioning on Unified CM set to ON (and CUCM, IM/P, CUC added on unified CM configuration on exp-c)

4)IM and Presence Service set to ON

5)XMPP federation set to Off

on expressway-e:

1)Create the domain

2)Traversal Zone for delegated credential checking set to Traversal zone between EXP-C and EXP-E

the other thing is that when the client don't use vpn everthing works fine but when the use vpn to somewhere else and registered through MRA, this cause on way audio.

Through VPN, mostly it won't be MRA. Jabber will be registering as internal. In that case you need to check the VPN configuration add if routes missing. 

To avoid Jabber to use UDS when connecting VPN, UDS SRV should not be reachable through VPN.  

Response Signature

the client using vpn to other network than internal network for using other internet services.

the registration of Jabber comes from the MRA and expressway.

you think that something on VPN server may cause on way audio?

cause, I didn't found any error on diagnostics log.

if you use VPN, the connection will be as you are in office and if jabber can resolve UDS record  and reach UDS server it will register as internal. in that case logs from expressway will not be helpful. 

You need to identify first how jabber  register, if through VPN and if it register as internally you need to check on the VPN routes. Even with VPN if Jabber register through MRA you need to have a look on Firewall & VPN servers. 

One way audio is 95% route issue. 

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

@Nithin Eluvathingal is right that the MRA clients always registered with CUCM using Expressway-C IP Address. I don't remember any version of expressway or CUCM that MRA clients registered using their own Public IP Address. If you are facing one way audio issue then there must be something changed on network routing or firewall side. Please make sure that all the necessary firewall ports are open between Expressway-C and E. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thanks for reply,

I attach the diagnostics logs from expressway-e and expressway-c.

I appreciate if you could help me to find the problem.

the file is tar i just change it that can upload it on cisco.

cucm ip address:172.16.15.20

expressway control: 172.16.15.27

expressway edge internal: 172.16.15.28

expressway edge external: 172.16.31.27

client 1: 172.16.18.0/24 (115 DN)

client 2: 109.236.86.0 internet (108 DN)

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the way MRA worked way before the ability to show the IP address from the client was introduced and it never caused one way audio because the endpoints all showed the exp-c IP, what in the logs tells you that is the root issue for your one way audio??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for replying

I couldn't found anything strange on Call Logs shows on diagnostics log except the error message that show "mra is configured on the VCS but no domain is activated for sip causing soft phone registration failure".

don't know if this can cause on way audio.

the other thing is that when the client don't use vpn everthing works fine but when the use vpn to somewhere else and registered through MRA, this cause on way audio.