Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco IMP disable cut & past in instant messages

NOCNOC80902
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys ,

we have security requirements to disable copy & past in instant messages for sake of DLP. I have disabled this option from IMP server globally but it impacted all users. is there any way to enable copy/past instance messages for internal users and disable it for external(MRA) ?

5 Replies 5

No you cannot differentiate between these. Also what would be the point in doing so from a security perspective? I mean it’s the same users, just connected via two different connections options, ie user at the office connected to the corporate network or same user working anywhere elsewhere connected via MRA.

Response Signature

NOCNOC80902
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Roger for your response

The point is that users are not allowed to use smart phones or laptops to access Jabber internally (no corporate wireless). and only authenticated workstation (VDI) can access jabber internally.

so copy past from jabber on VDI will not violate DLP policy ..

Okay got it and that is for sure a fair point. However there is still nothing you do to disable this just for MRA connected devices as the setting is global.

Response Signature

Can we enable the feature globally and use edge firewall to deny the ports used for copy/past ?

AFAIK there are no other ports than used for IM that are used for copy/paste or file sharing. So not from what I know.

Response Signature