cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber 12.6 - disable proximity

dueddi04
Level 4
Level 4

We noticed that in the new Jabber 12.6.x the proximity button and feature is enabled by default.
Apparently is not possible to disable it in the installation process, nor in CUCM profile, but only via jabber-config.xml  (<EnableProximity>false</EnableProximity>).

Is this correct?

What about modifying the global XML (adding the new parameter) with different Jabber versions and not only 12.6? Is the parameter simply ignored by previous version.

thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, jabber-config.xml parameters will simply be ignored by older client versions that did not support them.

Generally speaking, the MSI installation flags are the least desirable place to configure a parameter since it cannot be changed without uninstall/reinstall per-machine. Use the Service Profile in CUCM (and other applicable settings such as the Model-Specific section at the bottom of Phone Configuration / Common Phone Profile / Enterprise Phone Configuration) when possible. Anything else goes in jabber-config.xml.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, jabber-config.xml parameters will simply be ignored by older client versions that did not support them.

Generally speaking, the MSI installation flags are the least desirable place to configure a parameter since it cannot be changed without uninstall/reinstall per-machine. Use the Service Profile in CUCM (and other applicable settings such as the Model-Specific section at the bottom of Phone Configuration / Common Phone Profile / Enterprise Phone Configuration) when possible. Anything else goes in jabber-config.xml.

Hi Jonathan,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Any plan to add the control over this feature in CUCM service profile instead of XML?

Hello Jonathan,

we are using the latest CUCM version 12.5.1, unfortunately I can't find the parameter EnableProximity here under the Jabber Config GUI. In the parameters-reference-guide-cisco-jabber document it is written that this option can be found under options, neither there or under the other section it can be found. Can I only set it via Jabber-config.xml?

Thanks in advance

Jörg

That can only be configured in the .xml, simply use the add custom option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,
thanks. I miss the info that I can add a custom field. It works now.
Best regards
Jörg

What MSI installation flags are used to disable proximity?

None. You must use the jabber-config.xml file. The MSI install flags should almost never be used since you can't change the answer later. Always leverage settings in the Service Profile or jabber-config.xml file where possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: