Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for Blackberry

binu.john
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jabber Experts,

I was trying with Cisco Jabber IM for Blackberry(9700) , i had manually loaded the application on the device and chose the CUPS(On-Premise) mode installation. I was able succesfully login with my CUPC login credentials. I could see all my contacts, presence info and chat. But Iam not able to place a call. I tried to search one of the contact profile and see no  information there, though my desktop(cupc) application all the contact profiles populated with required informations(work phone, cell,email)

We have a LDAP integration on CUPS.

Please advice how can i place a call from my Cisco Jabber Application?

Regards

John

2 Replies 2

Craig Cooper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Binu,

Cisco Jabber for Blackberry probably has similar causes for failure to register as the Android version.   You may wish to check out the "Cisco Jabber Registration Fails" section at the following URL for ideas:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cumc/cisco_jabber/Android/86/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8.6.x_Admin_Guide.html#wp170272

Kind regards,

Craig

rfovrtega
Level 1
Level 1

For a call feature, I think you need to integrate the CUCM to Mobile Voice System of the BlackBerry.

I also trying to figure out how will I enable the call features in Blackberry using Jabber IM.

Anyone? Many thanks