Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber for iPhone / Android & TAPI

JiriPrinc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

has anyone found a way, how to monitor / view calls from Jabber for iPhone and Android via TAPI (on any CUCM but 9.x preffered)?

For desktop version it is simple, but for mobile ... (I expect that iPad and BlackBerry will have same issue)

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Jiri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not possible as it is not a CTI Manager-supported device model. Details are listed here:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/jtapi/wikidocs/-/wiki/Main/Cisco+CTI+Supported+Device+Matrix

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not possible as it is not a CTI Manager-supported device model. Details are listed here:

http://developer.cisco.com/web/jtapi/wikidocs/-/wiki/Main/Cisco+CTI+Supported+Device+Matrix

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathn,

thank you for the answer. I expected it but wishing oposite result (with some trick).

Regards

Jiri

Is there a still a way to monitor Jabber softclient on Android/IOS using JTAPI ?
We have CUCM 12.5 SU1 and latest Jabber 12.8 on Android/IOS but no luck.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.

According to this link : https://d1nmyq4gcgsfi5.cloudfront.net/site/jtapi/documents/cti-tapi-jtapi-supported-device-matrix/

Jabber on Android and on Iphone is a supported CTI device and requires CUCM 12.5

in my setup with CUCM 12.5, Jabber connectivity with Expressway - core/Edge,

Applicaiton user containg the Device ID of android and ios jabber client.

I still dont get call events, rather I am not able to add any observer on the Jabber DN.

BUT, when I add either a Deskphone or a Windows client, i.e., CSF, and monitor them, I get passive call events for android.

Jabber on Android DN 1000
Hardphone: 1000
Non target extension: 5999

case#1

1. 5999 calls extension 1000
2. Jabber on Android answers the calls

Event on JTAPI:
ConnAlerting, CallCtlConnAlerting, TermConnCreated, TermConnRinging, CallCtlTermConnRinging, ConnConnected, CallCtlConnEstablished, TermConnPassive, CallCtlTermConnInUse]

case#2
1. 5999 calls extension 1000
2. Desk phone 1000 answers the calls

Events on JTAPI:
ConnAlerting, CallCtlConnAlerting, TermConnCreated, TermConnRinging, CallCtlTermConnRinging, ConnConnected, CallCtlConnEstablished, TermConnActive, CallCtlTermConnTalking]

Is the expected behaviour when cisco says, that Jabber on android/IOS is a supported device ?

Is it really possible to monitor Jabber on android and IOS independently ?

The lastest cisco jtapi programmer guide 12.5.1 doesnt' mentioned specifically that jabber on ios/android is a supported device.

Please clarify.

THanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: