cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber iPhone active call placed on hold while receiving cal from mobile network

acasupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have a problem with the jabber client for iPhone (version 9.0.2.20078).

If we have an active call on the jabber client and we receive a second call from the mobile network, the active call

is automatically placed on hold, before accept or decline the incoming call.

For us and our customer it is not acceptable!

Does anyone experience the same problem? We opened a TAC, but did not receive an answer at the moment   

3 Replies 3

at
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

this is a "normal" behaviour- i also made this expierience with my iphone and jabber ;

look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/9.0/b_Cisco_Jabber_9.0.html#reference_67FDF09C4C5E4E449FB2C6C15229F005

Q.

What should I do if my iPhone rings while I’m already on a call using Cisco Jabber?

A.

We recommend that you decline the call. When you receive an incoming call on your iPhone, the iPhone automatically disables the microphone for all other applications. As soon as the incoming call rings, your microphone is disabled in Cisco Jabber. When you decline the incoming call, your current caller can hear you again. Because the iPhone Phone app automatically takes control of the microphone, you do not have time to inform your current caller that you need to take another call.

If you accept the new call, your Cisco Jabber call is automatically placed on hold, and you cannot return to it until you end the iPhone call.

If you are using Cisco Jabber and you receive an iPhone call while your phone is locked, press the On/Off Sleep/Wake button twice quickly to decline the call.

Tip

If your company enforces the use of the Auto-Lock feature on your iPhone, which automatically locks your screen after a specified time, your Cisco Jabber call is placed on hold when you drag the slider to answer the call.

To prevent this confusion, you can disable the Auto-Lock feature for Cisco Jabber calls in the foreground.

Tap Settings > General and turn Disable Auto-Lock on.

regards

alex      

we have a customer complaining about this issue, because they're not able not warn the Jabber caller that they'll be put on silence /hold while you decline or accept the cell call.

does somebody have any info if Apple has fixed this?

I know Android phones do not have this problem...

Regards,

Gilberto Millan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, just asking, there is any update on this? There is any workaround that can be applied?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: