Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber iPhone client issues with CUCM IP, user id and logout timer

Nisarg Shukla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have implemented MRA via expressway and apple push notification service for Cisco jabber. It works well however I have few queries:

1) In jabber client on iPhone I can see internal CUCM and Unity connection IP address under phone service and voicemail tab, which is not acceptable to our internal risk and security team. Is there any configuration with which we can replace those IP with Expressway E public IP?

2) Under phone service and voicemail tab user id is also visible along with ip address. Is it possible to hide it ?

3) How can I configure logout inactivity timer for cisco jabber mobile client ?

Your help will be really helpful here. 

Thanks,

Nisarg Shukla

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please see below details:

1) In jabber client on iPhone I can see internal CUCM and Unity connection IP address under phone service and voicemail tab, which is not acceptable to our internal risk and security team. Is there any configuration with which we can replace those IP with Expressway E public IP?

>> It is not possible to replace or hide CUCM and Unity connection IP address/hostname.

2) Under phone service and voicemail tab user id is also visible along with ip address. Is it possible to hide it ?

>> It is not possible to replace or hide user id and IP Address/Hostname.

>> You can configure logout inactivity timers in jabber-config.xml using following parameters:

ForceLogoutTimerDesktop

Applies to Cisco Jabber desktop clients.

Specifies the number of minutes of inactivity before the user is automatically signed out of Cisco Jabber desktop clients. If the parameter is not set, then the client does not sign out automatically.

The value for minutes is from 1 to 480.

Example:

<ForceLogoutTimerDesktop>15</ForceLogoutTimerDesktop>

ForceLogoutTimerMobile

Applies to Cisco Jabber mobile clients.

Specifies the number of minutes of inactivity before the user is automatically signed out of Cisco Jabber mobile clients. If the parameter is not set the client does not sign out automatically.

Example: <ForceLogoutTimerMobile>15</ForceLogoutTimerMobile>

Here is the screenshot for jabber-config.xml file in CUCM version 12.5:

jabber-config.JPG

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please see below details:

>> It is not possible to replace or hide CUCM and Unity connection IP address/hostname.

>> It is not possible to replace or hide user id and IP Address/Hostname.

>> You can configure logout inactivity timers in jabber-config.xml using following parameters:

ForceLogoutTimerDesktop

Applies to Cisco Jabber desktop clients.

Specifies the number of minutes of inactivity before the user is automatically signed out of Cisco Jabber desktop clients. If the parameter is not set, then the client does not sign out automatically.

Example:

<ForceLogoutTimerDesktop>15</ForceLogoutTimerDesktop>

ForceLogoutTimerMobile

Applies to Cisco Jabber mobile clients.

Specifies the number of minutes of inactivity before the user is automatically signed out of Cisco Jabber mobile clients. If the parameter is not set the client does not sign out automatically.

Example: <ForceLogoutTimerMobile>15</ForceLogoutTimerMobile>

Here is the screenshot for jabber-config.xml file in CUCM version 12.5:

jabber-config.JPG

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.