Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco jabber - No Audio

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

DEars,

I go through all the support forum I couldn't find a solution for my issue.I have CUCM version 9.1.2 with Expressway C & E version 8.5.

Issues

=====

Issue No 1

When I call from Cisco Jabber Desktop (Through MRA) to Cisco Jabber Smart Phone (3G Or Wi-Fi) the smart phone will ring but in desktop will keep in ringing.

Issue No 2

When I call from Cisco jabber (3G or Wi-Fi) to Cisco Jabber (3G or Wi-Fi) the destination will ring and answer the call and the source will keep in ringing.

Working scenarios

=======

When calling from Smart phone (3G) to Cisco jabber Desktop (Wi-Fi).

When calling from CSF to CSF (Wi-Fi)

When calling from CSF (Wi-Fi) to local Video Endpoint

Please experts your advise as I have TAC engineer since 4 days till now I didn't get any solation just take a traces and logs.

BR

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hard to tell exactly where the problem is just from the description. However, most likely this is not a Jabber problem in itself. SIP Messages carry the ringback signal back to the far end and this ring is followed by SIP Ack. My suspicion is somewhere along the line on the network side of the issue.

Best place to start checking for issues is Call Manager log in debug level. SIP Call-ID can be followed from both end of the call leg to check for any missed SIP Messages. Packet capture from all manager and Jabber desktop might also be useful.

I would also check on firewall before and after the VCS if any SIP Packets or RTP packets are being dropped or blocked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

is this for jabber for android ? If yes what phone model are you using and are you testing with the latest release of jabber for android ?

I tested in many types of smart phones (android Samsung S3, Note 5) (IPhone 6, 6Plus), and all has version 11.1.1 

Hard to tell exactly where the problem is just from the description. However, most likely this is not a Jabber problem in itself. SIP Messages carry the ringback signal back to the far end and this ring is followed by SIP Ack. My suspicion is somewhere along the line on the network side of the issue.

Best place to start checking for issues is Call Manager log in debug level. SIP Call-ID can be followed from both end of the call leg to check for any missed SIP Messages. Packet capture from all manager and Jabber desktop might also be useful.

I would also check on firewall before and after the VCS if any SIP Packets or RTP packets are being dropped or blocked.

The issue has been solved by upgrading the call manager to 9.1.2su1.Thanks Hasan