Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber - Persistent Chat Room Mobile

Valdularo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

We are having an issue with Cisco Jabber. We have configured and enabled Persistent Chat and it is working on Windows. We have also added the parameter under client <Persistent_Chat_Mobile_Enabled> to true and there is nothing showing in the client on iOS for the persistent chat room I have created on PC. Can you guys help me to get this working?

CUCM & IM&P 11.5.1 (SU6).

iOS Client 12.8.1302448

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have now got this working. When persistent chat is enabled on IM&P and enabled in the Jabber Config XML, if you are not using the global XML, the modified XML must be applied to the mobile device.

In our environment we had applied it to the CSF (Softphone Device) only and had it disabled in the global XML. Once we applied the modified XML with the correct parameter to the BOT and TCT devices, after a logout and login it started working.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Gather a PRT from the client to confirm it downloaded the latest version of the .xml and make sure the .xml is properly formatted with no errors, and the option is in the right area of the .xml

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

I can confirm it has downloaded the updated XML. It is properly formatted using the name and parameter as shown in the parameter guide and is spaced and laid out correctly and is under options and not client.

I have now got this working. When persistent chat is enabled on IM&P and enabled in the Jabber Config XML, if you are not using the global XML, the modified XML must be applied to the mobile device.

In our environment we had applied it to the CSF (Softphone Device) only and had it disabled in the global XML. Once we applied the modified XML with the correct parameter to the BOT and TCT devices, after a logout and login it started working.

Thanks.