cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber - UI request (make the contact list better)

jfranche
Level 1
Level 1

Besides being slightly color blind myself, my users and I find it difficult to distinguish between active people in the jabber contact list.

My suggestions are shown in the mockup below on the right side are:

(a) Bold the name of active people;

(b) Use a different shape for away people; and

(c) show indicators if someone is using jabber mobile or if they are on the phone.

• You can see how quickly you can tell who is active.  When dealing with emergencies, this is important.  I'd be fine if these were options just when using the "show accessible presence icons" as a start.
  • I understand it might be tough to show who is using Jabber Mobile, since they might have the client open in multiple places.  It would be nice to know, as it would let you know if they were "at their desk" or out and about.

Jabber Contact List UI Suggestions.png 

I realize Jabber 12.5 has made some changes which I haven't factored in yet, though from what I have seen these are all still relevant.  I also know that someone will post that I need to get this to my account rep or BU contact, which I am also doing.  That said, it would be great to get support or feedback on this from this forum.

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The support forums are not a vehicle for enhancement requests. You need to discuss this with your Cisco AM/SE. Be prepared to include a business case - it’s the only way this stuff gets done.

Thanks. Part of creating the business case is getting feedback from other customers. I would think the community discussions would be a great place to discuss these sort of ideas. Do others feel that UI changes to the contact list would be helpful? Anything in my mockup you like or don't like, or other ideas?

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't see any other way other than Requesting Cisco for such enhancement.

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I don't see any other way other than Requesting Cisco for such enhancement.