cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Using F5 APM SSL VPN

Larson27
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone with experience using Jabber over an SSL VPN that uses F5's Access Policy Manger - The F5 Network Tunnel has been configured to the specifications provided by F5 here with regards to getting VOIP working .

Remote users connect to the SSL VPN - get connected - and can make successful external calls. However, when they attempt to reach someone internal - with an IP in the same subnet provided by the SSL VPN, they cannot make calls.

Would there be something missing on the Jabbers configuration to not allow these types of calls over an F5 SSL VPN?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no Jabber settings related to VPN, whether it's a Cisco VPN or a 3rd party.

Same rules apply, signaling is between endpoint and CUCM, media flows directly between endpoints (unless otherwise configured, which is not the default behavior).

Depending on what is failing, look at signaling and/or media is able to get from point a to point b.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the response - I did however, make a mistake in my original post with regards to the issue...

Users can connect remotely dialing the extension, but there is no audio, or sound. I apologize for the confusion.

Not sure that changes the original answer.

Thanks again!

Means your signaling is happening but the media is not going though. You need to see which side  audio is not working and check the routing in firewall. 

looks like you might have enabled route to only your to  call manager.

Response Signature