Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spark M3 License

Hamada Ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

How to decide how many M3 license needed ?

If I have 17 branches in each one only 50 users , we need to add SX80 in HQ and in all branches users will use laptop to connect to spark cloud .

in meeting HQ will call branches via SX80 and branches will participate via laptop to the meeting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There a few ways to skin this cat

1) If the customer truly wants to embrace webex and have many folks use it across the company then you need to look at how many hosts will start schedule meetings. So how many users in all these offices will schedule a meeting is the first question to answer.

2) once you know that you can look at either an active user where you license 15% of your knowledge worker count or 40 whichever is greater. This way if a customer can’t tell you how many will host a Webex this will allow them to burst the first year

3) If that cost is higher then there are two paths

A) Look at named user where only the folks you license will schedule a meeting so you cannot burst

B) Look at a plan called shared meetings where you license based on number of meetings concurrently vs named hosts

Based on what I am seeing if you had a few video endpoints and wanted a bridge I would do shared meeting but since you have users at remote site and SX80 and you could have folks start meeting from any location look at active user and then drop down to other plans as needed

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There a few ways to skin this cat

1) If the customer truly wants to embrace webex and have many folks use it across the company then you need to look at how many hosts will start schedule meetings. So how many users in all these offices will schedule a meeting is the first question to answer.

2) once you know that you can look at either an active user where you license 15% of your knowledge worker count or 40 whichever is greater. This way if a customer can’t tell you how many will host a Webex this will allow them to burst the first year

3) If that cost is higher then there are two paths

A) Look at named user where only the folks you license will schedule a meeting so you cannot burst

B) Look at a plan called shared meetings where you license based on number of meetings concurrently vs named hosts

Based on what I am seeing if you had a few video endpoints and wanted a bridge I would do shared meeting but since you have users at remote site and SX80 and you could have folks start meeting from any location look at active user and then drop down to other plans as needed

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini,

1- first what difference between active and named user?

2- if I have 50 users in 17 branches , How many M3 needed?

for example :-

in meeting room will call all branches one time via SX80 in meeting room and all branches will join via laptop spark App video call and in this case sx80 will split the screen into 17 part for each branch video ?. And in this scenario only one M3 license enough or no?

3- what different between meeting with 200 people powered by WebEx and 25 people in-App video call which mentioned in Spark Plans?

Note: the most important for my customer is to establish video conference with may 17 people in same time

I would make sure you look at the ordering guide it explains all the offers in great detail

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/collaboration/cloud-collaboration/guide-c07-732510.html?cachemode=ref…

If u have 50 users who are the only people who will start a meeting aka 50 hosts then 50 NU M3 is the cheapest place to start.

In your scenario the issue is will the same person walk in every time into the main meeting room and use the SX80 to start or will the folks keeo changing? If the same person walks in and starts the meeting, then yes u can use 1 named user M3 but if the folks keep changing then you have to look at either named user offer for every host who starts a meeting or active user offer or shared meeting offer. Again read through the link above to get a handle on the options

M3 plan under A-SPK is MC 200 plus 25 folks joining via telepresence which will handle your scenario just fine

Hi Srini,

Thanks too much for your useful answer ,

but I have some concerns :-

1- If buy 1 NU M3 for user X@ourcompany.com , this user can call and ask up to 200 people to the meeting via WebEx or Spark App (video) in laptops ,and all those people will appear on SX80 screen , Right?

2- if we only 1 M3 for one , what about other user to use Spark App to join the meeting , did they need License also to register in Spark via User1@ourcompany.com ? , Note:- those users will join video meeting only , Not start the meeting!!

3- about SX80 , Did it need lincense to register to spark cloud ? if yes , what part number of it ?

1. Today CMR cloud aka WebEx aka Spark advanced meeting does not support all users seeing each other. This is on the roadmap but today TP users will see each other and WebEx users will see each other but a WebEx user will only see the last active speaker on the TP side and vice-versa WebEx users will see the last active speaker on the TP side.  In addition WebEx has a single layout in the cloud with active speaker in the large window and rest in smaller windows. Now when content is being shared you can change the layout to one of 4 layouts on your endpoint locally like a DX/SX/MX however other layout options when no content is being shared is expected later in the year

2. Attendees don't need a license to join a meeting. A spark user needs a license of course like M1 but M3 is not needed.

3. SX 80 can do IP dialing but WebEx cloud won't support IP dialing till later in the year or maybe next year early. In that situation one could potentially just dial IP address of WebEx however if you want a solution where a SX80 can be SIP dialed via URI from outside and you can also dial a SIP address then yes you need either CUCM or Expressway on premise or Spark registration service in the cloud. The issue with SX80 is you can't buy under the MSRP SKU, for details see link below but you can buy it under GPL and then go under A-SPK-SH and you will see spark registration for 29.50

A-SPK-SH-ND-SR

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/collaboration/cloud-collaboration/guide-c07-736636.html?cachemode=ref…

Please do mark correct answers

You are right for all points, but about first point in M3 spark plan , it's say up to 200 people and 25 video app

This mean that who start the meeting via sx80 can see only 25 users who use spark app on laptop (video),right?

And if yes, why they write up to 200 people ?

SX80 can only see all the other folks who join as a TP device, so anyone who dials that SIP URI can all see each other. 200 is on the WebEx side and they can all see each other. 200 plus 25 is the capacity of the meeting but the view changes based on last active speaker. Again this is to be resolved in WebEx but dates are always subject to change

Please do mark posts as correct/helpful since I didn't see that being done

Hi Srini,

Thanks too much , are very helpful ,

But can make something for more clear ,you said that sx80 can see all TP device , TP Device here mean Any laptop which has Spark App?

if yes so anyone laptop which has Spark App and join to SX80 Meeting , can see other 25 people (SX and Spark App on Laptop) , right ?

You are not marking any answer first of all to mark correct is what I am saying

Spark app if u dial the SIP URI from the client is like a TP device and will see the SX80.

Hi,

what you mean of dial the SIP URI?

from Sx80 i call meeting to all Spark app in 25 laptop , and those 25 peopl accept the call , now all people can see each other ?

You can either dial the sip uri of the room from the SX. Then hit the call button on the spark client but that’s not Webex that’s a spark meeting

You can dial the webex sip uri and do the same from the spark client and join webex

There are many ways to join a webex

Thanks

Srini