cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collaboration Partner Demo, Lab and Training Bundle 15.x

Jing Jiang
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco still provide Collaboration Partner Demo, Lab and Training Bundle 15.x for partners?  In the past, the bundle was sold via MEDIUS store.

10 Replies 10

Hi,

Yes Cisco still has a NFR program for partners.

For Collaboration License now all are FLEX-3 subscription based even the CUCM License.

To obtain a demo you need to be a Collaboration Specialized Partner and you can obtain a Subscription for a determined number of users/devices .

You can follow this guide to submit a demo lab deal

https://ebooks.cisco.com/story/nfr-guide/page/1

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks for your response. I have an existing on-premise demo lab system 12.5. I want to upgrade it to 15.x. Do you mean that I just need to FLEX-3 subscription? Do I need to purchase smart license?

Hi,

Flex-3 Sub is set of all Cisco’s collaboration solution licenses. When you create the NFR Deal on CCW , you can select which license you want to obtain ( Webex Suite, CUBE , EXPRESSWAY RMS, CUCM). If you select CUCM license you will get up to 250 user license (professional or Enhanced) for free . Once the order is released you will receive CUCM license on your smart account. In

HTH

Regards

Carlo

I tried to create the deal on CCW. My smart account is active but I cannot assign the smart account to the deal. It says invalid. However, my smart account shows active. What I need to do next? Thanks, Jing

Open a case with the Cisco Customer Service Hub

Response Signature

Hi,

You don't need to specify your SA on deal creation.

Once the distributor has released the order , you'll receive a provisioning email from Cisco to activate your sub. In general, once you have the Sales Order number from the Distributor, you can open a Service request to Licensing Team and ask them to associate licenses contained in the SO Number to your SA.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Can we place an order without providing the SA?

AFAIK the order  will be on hold till you assign the SA.

Response Signature

Hi,

Distributor can indicate their Holding SA and place order to Cisco than , once the order has been processed they can move to the one you indicate to them or, as mentioned, opening a SR.

That’s what happens in some cases especially with NFR but usually yes is preferable to indicate the SA in the CCW qoute ‘:)’

Cheers

Carlo

The old perpetual license model has been discontinued and now it’s all subscription based. You can subscribe for one year, three years, or five years. The license will expire once the subscription is over.

The new licensing is agnostic, meaning there is no version lock and it can be used with any new version release.

If you have an existing server, upgrade the VMware and CIMC based on the compatibility, then upgrade your CUCM to 14 and get the Flex licenses.

Create an NFR deal as @Carlo Poggiarelli mentioned in his reply and once Cisco approves the deal and the order is placed, you will have the licenses in your smart account. A smart account is an account in the Cisco portal based on your organization domain. The licenses in the smart account are called smart licenses and they are not special or additional licenses.

Nowadays, all Cisco licenses are smart licenses and they are deposited in the smart account of the organization.

To place an order, you must share the smart account details with Cisco. If you haven’t created one, you will have to do so.

Response Signature

You can buy the hardware on the NFR and get the A-flex license for free 0$  if you are a qualified Collaboration partner. The promotions may vary depending on your region. If you are a partner, contact your local Cisco Partner Account Manager (PAM) for more assistance.

Aapparently The collaboration lab license that we used to buy from the Cisco store is no longer available.

Response Signature