cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Communication Between Cisco Endpoint and Polycom Endpoint

dhopkins8181
Level 1
Level 1
I have two healthcare customers who are looking to provide services to patients using a tele-psychiatry solution. One site has several Cisco Telepresence endpoints and the other has Polycom Realpresence endpoints. How can I provide a way for the two different endpoints to communicate? Would Cisco Telepresence Server allow me to create a bridging solution between the two? Thank you, David
1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Firstly, your post would be better placed in the TelePresence section of the Forums where these things are more actively discussed than here in the Conferencing forums which deal more with Cisco WebEX and MeetingPlace.  I suggest you move your thread.

A Cisco TelePresence Server allows multiple endpoints to participate in a single conference.  This isn't quite what you're looking for, but may be a part of your total solution.

Your best approach is going to be to investigate what they actually have infrastucuture wise on each of the sites and to see if they are able to dial off-site from what they have.  If they can, they may be able to dial each other already.

In the Cisco world, look for VCS-Expressways and/or ISDN Gateways and their equivalent (Polycom Gateway products) in the other site.

Once you've got some more information about what you have at each site, it'll be easier to assist you come up with a solution to link the two.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: