Views
Helpful
Replies

Conference Now not working through Jabber 11.9.3

ankit.gupta311
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone please help. We are not able to dial the "Conference Now" Number 71111 from our Jabber (Version 11.9.3). We are able to dial and hear the IVR from Cisco IP Phone 7942 and 7821. 

While dialling from Jabber, we are not hearing the IVR, but the call seconds are increasing. We changed the Device Pool, MRGL but still the same problem. We are able to dial other numbers from Jabber.

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the call statistics increase if you call the IVR?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Do you mean whether the call seconds is increasing or not? If yes, then the answer is Yes, it is increasing. The only problem is we are not able to hear the IVR " Welcome, to join a conference now ..................... "

Is this Jabber client on-prem or through Expressway?

Regardless, the signaling is working but the voice path is not establishing. Can you gather a trace file containing a call from a Jabber client to the Conference Now feature and post it here?

Maren

Maren, can you kindly help on how to do it?

If you are working with Conference Now, you have CUCM 11 or later. So this means that relevant trace files at the relevant level are probably already being collected, so it is just a matter of gathering them.

Here is a link to a TAC document with detailed steps for collecting a Cisco CallManager Service trace file. We would only need the CallManager service trace and not the Event Log trace as shown in the document. When you get the trace file, post it here. If you are uncomfortable posting an un-sanitized trace, you can send it to me in a PM.

How to Collect Traces for CUCM 9.x, 10.x and 11.x

Maren, please find the attached logs. It was taken between 12:13 PM and 12:18 PM BST on 23rd May.

The calling number is 50026(softphone, Jabber) and called number is 71111 (Conference Now).

The Call Log is great, but the information I am looking for would be in the SDL trace. Can you post that as well?

I looked at the SDL Trace you sent, and due to time I am unable to complete the analysis. May I suggest you post just the one trace (the one ending in 0048) to see if someone else can come up with a suggestion?

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Just wondering are you facing the dead air right after the dialing, There is a bug in Conference now feature related to Duplex Streaming Enabled and see the workaround make any effect in your case.

CSCuw79671

Symptom:
IVR conference feature is not accepting DTMF digits when originating Endpoint sends digits using RFC 2833.

Example Call flow:

SIP GW ------> CUCM ------>Conference Now IVR

Conditions:
Conference now IVR feature has been enabled. The calling party is sending digits using only RFC 2833

Workaround:
Set "Duplex Streaming Enabled" to true under "service parameters" for Call Manager Service

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This almost sounds like you’re somehow maybe trancoding and that’s broken , early media is in use and broken , and/or the media path to the IVR service is broken. I figure the latter as Jabber is usually not on the voice subnet and that can happen. 

I believe the call stats referred to are visible if you press control shift s while on a call. If it’s media path you would not see accumulating counters.