Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUAC Advanced CUCM Connectivity

What is the recommended configuration for CUAC Advanced  in an HA configuration, specifically as it relates to CUCM connectivity.  My two nodes have only my CUCM publisher node defined in the CUCM connectivity section.  Should my primary CUAC node reference one CUCM node while the secondary CUAC node references another CUCM node.  I hope that makes sense.  CUAC Error.png

3 Replies 3

Not knowing much about CUAC, but I would think that both servers should point to multiple CM nodes with the "Add secondary CUCM information from other server" option selected. Anything else would be quite unusual IMHO.

Response Signature

Hi, 

As per my understanding, if you want to achieve resilience, you should be using different application user credentials for the secondary CUCA server with the second node of the call manager.  When you enable this option "Add secondary CUCM information from other server", it will add the details from the second CUAC server to this for resilience. 

Below snippet from the administration guide. 

"

If you have a resilient Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced Administration installation with details of a secondary Cisco Unified Communications Manager stored on the other server, you can add these details to the secondary DRM. If the Publisher AXL service fails, this information can then be used by the BLF Plug-in to resolve devices using the secondary Cisco Unified Communications Manager
connection. To store this information in the BLF plug-in you are connected to, check Add secondary CUCM information from other server."

Regards,

I would agree with your recommendations.  I've scheduled a window for us to implement this change and then test next Monday night.  I'll be sure to put an update back on this thread if this fixes our problem, which I suspect it will.

Thanks,