Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 Integration with Microsoft Teams

FMKazi3467351
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I need to know what are the Pre requisites for CUCM to be able to Integrate with MS Teams.

For starters, I have CUCM 11.5, will I be able to Integrate with MS Teams, if yes, then will it be fully operational or with limitations.

Thanking you all in advance for your kind suggestions.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The documents mention the version that was used for the tests, but it also states that any supported version of CM could be used.

image.png

AFAIK With supported version what is referenced here would be any current version that is supported by Cisco, ie not announced as EOL and has reached EOS.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

11.5 will work fine. I have done this integration a few times. The critical version requirements are on the SBC (CUBE if you are using Cisco) side.

There are many nuances associated with this.

"Fully Operational" is a bit vague in this context. What is your vision of fully operational?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Have a look at these two documents that outline what is needed.

Direct Routing for Microsoft Phone System with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM) via Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)

Direct Routing for Microsoft Phone System with Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)

The second one is for an integration for PSTN with Verizon, but in general is applicable to the integration with CM as well and is actually referenced in the first document as for the details for how to configure the SBC for the integration.

This configuration is absolutely not for the fainthearted as it is pretty complex, but with a little reading and studying it's for sure doable.

Response Signature

@Roger Kallberg Thanks for your instant response but in the documentation it still specifies the CUCM as 12.5 or any supported version. So I am still stuck at my query which version is compatible with Microsoft Teams. So it would be very kind of you if you could provide me with the necessary information.

The documents mention the version that was used for the tests, but it also states that any supported version of CM could be used.

image.png

AFAIK With supported version what is referenced here would be any current version that is supported by Cisco, ie not announced as EOL and has reached EOS.

Response Signature

Hi Roger can I use more than a ISR CUBE to get redundancy? I know the HA functionality of ISR CUBE but I´ll good like to have a redundancy in two o more different countries. For this case the ISR CUBE HA is not supported.

Thanks

Sure. It is normal call routing in CM, so utilise that to distribute outbound calls across the gateways. Inbound is another story as that would involve configuration for call routing on the Microsoft platform and that’s well outside of my area.

Response Signature

Yes, of corse, the CUCM has TEJO configured for outbound calls. The question is about the ISR CUBE that join the MS Teams world with the Cisco world. I found several examples but just they use the ISR CUBE HA feature. The CUBE HA is not supported for devices placed on different countries. This is explain on page 56 of following guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise/interoperability-portal/direct-routing-with-cube.pdf

The little I do know about the MS side is that you can create multiple gateways in your MS tenant and setup call routing logic in it.

Not sure what TEJO is? What I meant by normal call routing in CM is that you can have multiple trunks put into your RG/RL construct to pass calls via multiple SBCs.

Response Signature

Hi,

If I have understood you correctly, are you asking if it’s possible to have 2x SBC’s in different networks and achieve redundancy in the Microsoft tenant? Answer is yes and you can set up call routing logic for outbound calls from Teams to CUBE, similar to what you do in CUCM via Route Groups & Route Lists. 

I have worked on a couple of these deployments where the SBC’s have been in different DC’s. It’s not box-to-box redundancy as explained in the doc, but there is redundancy built in that most of the standard configuration is the same (different IP’s obviously) and the same numbers delivered to either SBC and either SBC can process inbound & outbound calls. 

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

11.5 will work fine. I have done this integration a few times. The critical version requirements are on the SBC (CUBE if you are using Cisco) side.

There are many nuances associated with this.

"Fully Operational" is a bit vague in this context. What is your vision of fully operational?