Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM : 11.5 : personal contacts not synced to jabber

omhussein
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

we are unable to see the personal directory entries ( or phone contacts ) in Jabber , as per the self care portal guide the phone contacts should appear in all user phones :

"Phone contacts allow you to store phone numbers and email addresses for your phone contacts. From your phones, you can also browse your list of contacts and place calls directly from the contact list without having to type in the number each time. "

"Each user has one phone contact list for all their phones. There is no option to link and unlink the phone contact list."

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/useroptions/11_5_1/CUCM_BK_C95404CB_00_self-care-user-guide_1151.html

however this is not happening , i think its because i cant see my jabber device in phone settings section in self care , however the jabber device is listed in my phones section .

any advice ?

CUCM version 11.5.1.15900-18

Jabber_for_Windows-12.7.1.51081

Thanks

Omar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I dont know. I played around with it a bit and it's not very user friendly.

I noticed that in order to get the page to show like the image you linked, you have to link your phones first, else they are displayed top-down in a list, not side-by-side like that.

However, I cannot link my Jabber to my deskphone, because I noticed that no matter what I did, my jabber also does not show up there.

Also, if I only have 1 deskphone, then no phones show up at all, but if I configure a second phone, then both show up. So, I configured a second Jabber to see if that was the issue, but still, nothing for Jabber shows up.

Maybe it's wrong documentation? Perhaps it changed in some version of CUCM? Perhaps a defect? All good questions, which I think I cannot answer. sorry for the let down, but I do want you to know I tried. :)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

omhussein
Level 1
Level 1

anyone has any ideas ?

Personal Address Books are not supported on Jabber. So when it says "phones" it means desk phones, and likely CIPC, but not Jabber.

thanks , how come i don't see jabber in linked devices as per the screen shot in the self care portal guide ?

I dont know. I played around with it a bit and it's not very user friendly.

I noticed that in order to get the page to show like the image you linked, you have to link your phones first, else they are displayed top-down in a list, not side-by-side like that.

However, I cannot link my Jabber to my deskphone, because I noticed that no matter what I did, my jabber also does not show up there.

Also, if I only have 1 deskphone, then no phones show up at all, but if I configure a second phone, then both show up. So, I configured a second Jabber to see if that was the issue, but still, nothing for Jabber shows up.

Maybe it's wrong documentation? Perhaps it changed in some version of CUCM? Perhaps a defect? All good questions, which I think I cannot answer. sorry for the let down, but I do want you to know I tried. :)

appreciate the effort , thanks

If you find out, outside of this thread, please post the solution/findings. too many times I google search for an answer to something, see someone else already asked it, but it remains unresolved...for years. good luck!