cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9.1 and Windows jabber 9.1

Mamdouh Elgamal
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a hard time finding an answer to this, but is desktop sharing supported through the Chat window ? or does it require a video call to be available ?

this is between two jabber clients only.

this is CUCM 9.1 enviroment with IM&P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It requires an active call with CUP today. only in hosted it does not. It uses BFCP for desktop sharing which requires an active call. if you have WebEx then of course you don’t need to have a call

It is on the roadmap for CUP.

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It requires an active call with CUP today. only in hosted it does not. It uses BFCP for desktop sharing which requires an active call. if you have WebEx then of course you don’t need to have a call

It is on the roadmap for CUP.

Thanks

Srini

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_rn_chapter_01.html#reference_9559B56BF75D42EB93CEDF41E4AB9672

As of this release, Cisco Jabber for Windows supports video desktop sharing in software phone mode only. Video desktop sharing is not available in desk phonemode

Thanks

Srini

I wouldn't expect this for Jabber 9.3, maybe 9.4, more likely 9.5

Mamdouh Elgamal
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the feedback, I't somewhat confusing for customer since they see the share desktop option showing up and they keep thining this is an exisitng fuctionality that should work.

but my understanding now that in a hosted enviroment, video streams are a requirment to allow desktop sharing.

Hosted Jabber can do this without a call and without a WebEx license even. It’s CUP that has the issue.

Thanks

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: