Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and TEAMS

asmlicense
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We wants to use Windows Teams on cloud and CUCM on premise. How can we integrate it?

Thanks in advance

75 Replies 75

I spent a lot of time setting this up, but finally it works. Here are the very basic steps I took:

- you need a MS certified SBC to make this. I used Anynode, but there are others like Ribbon, I'm sure they will work as well

- For the O365 side, there are a lot of PowerShell things to be done (add the SBC from the Microsoft side, create dial-rules and policies etc.)
Most of them are well documented in Randy's Lync, Skype, Teams and UC Blog
http://lynciverse.blogspot.com/2018/06/how-to-microsoft-teams-direct-routing.html

- MS Teams users Need at least E1 or E3 License + Phone System Add-on. Users owning E5 licenses are good to go.

- The MS Teams Extension will be added as remote Destination into CUCM to make Inbound calls to the user ring on the Teams side

- MS Teams Outbound calls are masked on the SBC-SIP trunk inbound side within CUCM for signalling the CUCM exension of the user instead of his Teams phone number

Regards
Oliver

Thank you for your helpful post @OliP. . I can only rate you with 5 but you deserve 500 ;)

I have a doubt, is mandatory that SBC are certified by Microsoft or can we use any other SBC?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

David.

@david.sua wrote:

Thank you for your helpful post @OliP. . I can only rate you with 5 but you deserve 500 ;)

I have a doubt, is mandatory that SBC are certified by Microsoft or can we use any other SBC?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

David.

Good question, I'm not sure but think it has to be one out of the MS supported list. As far as I know MS does no standard SIP communication between O365/Teams and the SBC. So most likely the SBC needs to support some proprietary things. 

Regards

Oliver

Hi Oliver:

May I ask a question? Based on your settings and methods, can I plan that Cisco IP Phone and Microsoft Teams can be the same extension number? or use a different number? My purpose is to ring both when dialing the extension number.

Regards,

Dennis

I've only "heard" this from Cisco so please don't hold me to this but they are working on somewhat of a "plug-in" or "App" for Teams that will be Cisco Voice (i.e.Jabber) i'm guessing.  Therefore, you would ring desk phone and phone in Teams.

They were telling me it is about six months out so i would say 10-12 (no offense) as they are currently focused on interop between Cisco Teams and MS Teams.

Hope this brings you some comfort as it does me.

Paul.

You can do it like this : https://help.webex.com/en-us/aetgvg/Cisco-Jabber-for-Microsoft-Teams#id_133638

I am not able to find the Jabber App in our Teams Admin, here in Norway. But maybe it is a solution for some of you?

//rune

@dennislu wrote:

Hi Oliver:

May I ask a question? Based on your settings and methods, can I plan that Cisco IP Phone and Microsoft Teams can be the same extension number? or use a different number? My purpose is to ring both when dialing the extension number.

Regards,

Dennis

no, at least not yet. The only way I'm aware about is to connect Teams by a SIP trunk via SBC. The SIP trunk on CUCM side cannot own dedicated extensions. You need to create a route-pattern to send calls over to Teams and a CUCM route-patterns cannot overlap with existing extensions in the same partition.

What I did is configuring a mapping like 

CUCM extension 1234 is mapped to Teams extension 991234

1235 is 991235

1236 is 991236

... and so on.

There's a route-pattern on CUCM side matching to 99XXXX which points to the SBC for Teams Trunk. All users on CUCM side with Teams pbx feature enabled have a remote-destination configured within CUCM pointing to their Teams 99xxxx extension and need single number reach activated. 

Regards

Oliver

We use the same ext, SNR from CUCM to fork the calls between deskphone and Teams.

Yes, I think you do the same. You mean you transmit (means you're translating it into the) same extension, right? But you do not have the extension 1234 configured for a Cisco IP phone and some Teams-Device on CUCM.

We have 10 digit internal extensions and the same 10 digit in Teams, for SNR, we us a steering digit like #.XXXXXXXXXX with a route pattern pointing to Ribbon SBC. To make Teams to CUCM calling work, we had to strip off the +1 using a Ribbon trans pattern \+?1?(.*) to \1 this allows our users to dial just like they do from their desk phone.... "9" for PSTN access and straight 10 digit for internal.

How do you handle the calls between MS Teams applications?  For example what I noticed during testing is that inbound calls from PSTN ring Cisco phones and MS Teams application.  Inbound call from Cisco phone rings both Cisco phones and MS Teams application.  Outbound calls from MS Teams out to PSTN through CUCM/CUBE.  These all work.  What we noticed is that a call  between two MS Teams applications stays in MS Teams/O365 and it never reaches the CUCM.  When trying to setup a SNR functionality on MS Teams which is available on the app as "also ring" we create a loop and I cannot find a way around it.  The call between MS Teams applications uses SIP URI (john.doe@onmicrosoft......).  The direct routing is only for numeric values therefor it never crosses to CUCM.  Like I mentioned above if we setup the SNR functionality on the MS Teams application it rings to Cisco but we loop because SNR is setup on CUCM as well.

Hey there! This is exactly where I got stuck, too -- I ended up getting around it by creating two filters. We're using CUCM 11.5 with an Anynode SBC. 4-digit extensions, and everyone has a DID. 3 different locations, (MA, TX, OH) so we have different area codes to deal with.

-Reject calls from CUCM to MS Direct Routing in which the SOURCE DIAL STRING matches any of our prefixes - All internal to internal calls use a 4-digit. 

-Allow calls from Teams to CUCM ONLY if the SOURCE DIAL STRING matches our prefixes -- no other number should be using that path. 

Our users can set the "Ring also" setting to their 4 digit extension -- any calls Teams -> Teams will not circular. 

For us, it isn't an issue, but if an external user  Teams - to - Teams calls, it is blocked by those rules above. It would be hard to get those routing properly, because unless that user also uses Teams Enterprise Voice, their calls will come across as just "anonymous@anonymous".

We know what to do.
We have done this many times successfully and clearly.

HI OliP,
Regarding this "- MS Teams Outbound calls are masked on the SBC-SIP trunk inbound side within CUCM for signalling the CUCM exension of the user instead of his Teams phone number" you are talking about when a user is a MS Teams user and also it has a Cisco IPPhone/Softphone, right ? if the user in CUCM side only has IPPhone/softphone tou don´t need this maskink, i guess.

Thanks in advance.

Iván Garrido