cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWMS 2.5 Productivity Tools Issue with Office 2010/2013 -x64 - PTools Plugin missing in outlook

FAISAL RASHID
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We are experiencing issues with PTOOLS plugin missing in Outlook 2010 and 2013 64bit versions. We are running CWMS 2.5. When we install the PTOOLS on a computer the task bar icon appears fine and user can login to CWMS account but when he/she launches the Outlook the WebEx Plugin icon doesn't appear in the ribbon.

We tried activating the Plugin manually in Outlook by going to File ->Options-> Addins -> Manage -> Go ->Add -> "C:\Program Files\WebEx\Productivity Tools\ptolkadd64.dll" as mentioned in some posts on net but that doesn't solve our problem. The addon entry never appears in Outlook.

A feedback/fix will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Faisal

9 Replies 9

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Faisal,

What exact version of CWMS 2.5 do you have?

Are you installing the add-in when Outlook is closed?

Are you installing it by running the MSI file, or you use the remote push of the client to the machine?

Does the end user have admin rights on the PC?

Does this happen on every PC or just some PCs?

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

What exact version of CWMS 2.5 do you have? CWMS 2.5.1.29.B-AE

Are you installing the add-in when Outlook is closed? Tried it with closed while running the installer file locally.

Are you installing it by running the MSI file, or you use the remote push of the client to the machine? Pushing it remotely with SCCM. We also tried running it locally with msi file and did assign the local admin rights to the user.

Does the end user have admin rights on the PC? User doesn't have admin rights on PC but I did assign local admin rights to a user and install/reinstall the PTOOLS with no luck.

Does this happen on every PC or just some PCs? So far with 64 bit Office versions. I am running 32 bit office/outlook on my laptop which works fine without any issue.

Thanks,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

What is the version of Windows you are running?

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

We are running Windows 7x64 and x32 bit versions. We noticed this problem with 64 bit version of Microsoft Office apps. The interesting part is the way how we got it to work is to completly scratch the windows profile of the user and build a new user profile for the same user on the computer and that did the trick but that is not a viable option because we can't really scratch every user's profile.

Thanks,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

At this time we are not aware of any known bugs for this behavior. When you are pushing the plug-in or installing it as an admin locally, do you use the Outlook integration switch?

Example: msiexec.exe /q /i "ptools.msi" SITEURL="https://sample.webex.com" OI=1

After installing Productivity Tools, if you start Outlook and go to File > Options >Add-Ins, do you see WebEx Productivity Tools in add-ins list? If you don't, if you click on Manage drop down, and select Disabled Items and click Go, do you at all see WebEx Productivity Tools listed?

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

We use "msiexec.exe /q /i "ptools.msi" SITEURL="https://sample.webex.com" OI=1" when we are deploying it through SCCM but we also tried manual install by double clicking the msi installer locally on the machine with user being local admin. Most of the users don't get the add-in in their outlook but I came across one user who has the plugin visible in her outlook 2013, so its a hit and miss mostly the miss.

We have looked at File > Options >Add-Ins and there are no WebEx Prodcutivity Tools add in, neither it is under disbaled add-ins. When we try to add it manually through Manage and browse to "C:\Program Files\WebEx\Productivity Tools\ptolkadd64.dll" the office add-in window flashes but add-in entry doesn't appear.

Thanks,

Faisal

Hi Faisal,

The fact that you don't even see if in Disabled it looks like the integration piece is not going through and something is blocking it.

Do you have any local/domain policies on these PCs that would prevent this from happening?

Do you have any third party add-in installed that might be conflicting?

Can you let me know of the content in the following registry locations and in which location you have "WebExOI.Addin":

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins

Thank you.

-Dejan

Hi Dejan,

I am trying to get the registry entries for both working and troubled machines, I shall get back to you once Helpdesk gets its hands on to those users machines.

Thanks,

Faisal

Hi,

Can you please let us know the solution for this as i'm facing the same issue and using the SCCM to push the PT tool to end user machines.

Regards,

Raaj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: