Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Display name for Jabber for Windows

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I'm using Jabber for Windows 9.0.5 with an on Prem CUPS 8.6 server. I'm in the process of customizing the look and feel of the client. I'm trying to determin where the "NICKNAME" default is generated? If you look at the attached image you can see that by default the "nickname" is being populated by "firstname.lastname" I want to know what AD field in AD is populating this because as you can see the casing is incorrect and they don't want the name to have a period between the first and last name.

Thanks Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The attribute mappings are detailed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_01010.html#JABW_RF_AA1BEF05_00

You can change the mapping by editing the jabber-config file.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The attribute mappings are detailed here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_01010.html#JABW_RF_AA1BEF05_00

You can change the mapping by editing the jabber-config file.

Thanks I was soo close.

I updated the Nickname field from "mailNickname" to Display Name in the config file, uploaded it to TFTP and restarted TFTP and the Jabber client and it didn't help. I then noticed that the Local Nickname takes presedence over the default so I had to go through each name on my list and blank out the nickname and press save to make it go to the default which was now set to Display name.

Thanks

Hello,

I also have the problem with the name shown in Jabber for windows. You wrote from the local nichname. What do you mean with the local nickname?

thanks Achim

Hi Achim,

local nickname would be in this case customized nickname (value you entered locally by editing profile).

Regards,

Nebojsa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: