Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable video for Jabber for Windows running in Thin Client environments

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a client who has users who use both thick and thin clients.

They are currently looking to deploy Jabber for Windows and want to disable video when running in a thin client environment but enable it when running in a thick client environment.

I think that their approach is a bit silly but they are adamant they want to do this. I know that VXME would allow video for thin clients but the question I need to answer is whether video can be enabled/disabled according to the type of environment.

By disabled I want the video to be disabled completely rather than just the calls being configured to start with audio only as users would be able to change this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

You need to create two jabber-config.xml files, such as;

jabber-config.xml

jabber-video-config.xml

Within each config file, you would define the 'EnableVideo' parameter as true or false. The default value is true. If needed, reference the Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 11.x. Then upload these config files to the TFTP server(s).

And finally, you need to create two Custom Install (.msi) files in which you define the TFTP_FILE_NAME parameter. Here's the doc;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_01100.html

Search for TFTP_FILE_NAME and Create a Custom Installer. Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

You need to create two jabber-config.xml files, such as;

jabber-config.xml

jabber-video-config.xml

Within each config file, you would define the 'EnableVideo' parameter as true or false. The default value is true. If needed, reference the Parameters Reference Guide for Cisco Jabber 11.x. Then upload these config files to the TFTP server(s).

And finally, you need to create two Custom Install (.msi) files in which you define the TFTP_FILE_NAME parameter. Here's the doc;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_01100.html

Search for TFTP_FILE_NAME and Create a Custom Installer. Good luck.

Mark,

Thank you for this - it is exactly what I was hoping for!

James