cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CER Cluster (Multiple CER groups) support Roaming for Jabber Software (CSF Devices)

mzougari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

We have a Cluster of CER. and Roaming is working fine for Cisco Hardphones like Cisco 79xx and 88XX phones.We are using IP Subnet.and in case in case the a subnet is missing in CER group1 for exemple and exist in CER group2. The phone registered to CUCM Cluster1 will roam to CER Group2 where the Subnet exists,and the 911 Call wil go through CER2 instead of CER1.This is how CER Roaming is designed to work.

It seems like there is a limitation with Cisco Jabber CSF.Roaming does  not seem to be supported even with CUCM 12.5 AND CER 12.5.

We are using CUCM 12.51SU1 version to locate Cisco Jabber through AXL application (EnableE911OnPremLocationPolicy enabled in the Jabber-config.xml UC Service and applied to Service Profile)

My question:Is Roaming between CER Groups members of the same CER Cluster supported for Jabber CSF ?

Thanks!

Mohamed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mzougari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I will answer my propre question.

I found the confirmation in the following Cisco Doc:

Emergency Responder Clustering is not supported. Phones that are discovered using AXL discovered
phones is not shared through an Emergency Responder cluster:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/12_5_1_su1/english/administration/guide/cer0_b_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide-1251SU1/cer0_b_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide-1251SU1_chapter_010110.html

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

mzougari
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I will answer my propre question.

I found the confirmation in the following Cisco Doc:

Emergency Responder Clustering is not supported. Phones that are discovered using AXL discovered
phones is not shared through an Emergency Responder cluster:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/12_5_1_su1/english/administration/guide/cer0_b_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide-1251SU1/cer0_b_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide-1251SU1_chapter_010110.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: