cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway C 12.7.1 installation stuck with root password

cdevkota-sc
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install Expressway C12.7.1 in a VM of BE7000, when I install OVA template then I can't type anything on root password. I tired with different browser with web console but not luck. I used s42700x 12_7_1v6.5ova on vSphere Client version 7.0.2.00200

Please help how can I proceed this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cdevkota-sc
Level 1
Level 1

This has been fixed once i installed VMRC. Thanks for your feedback.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

move the mouse to console  and press enter, then you can enter the details through the console. to come out of console use cltr+Alt.

Response Signature

I tired this but not helpful.  Thanks!

Hope you are doing a fresh install and configuring the root password  ? Are you expecting "*" when entering entering the password ?

Type the password and when you press enter are you getting retype/reenter  password options ? 

Response Signature

Yes, this is fresh install and when Root Password prompts- does nothing. I am not getting any retype/enter etc... I am stuck from here.

When Root Password prompts, type the password(I dont remember if it display "*" when typing). I have seen product which doesn't provide you "*" while entering the password.

After that press enter and see if you you get retype/enter etc.

If nothing working you might need a reinstall. 

Response Signature

When I press enter whether type or not type password on console- does nothing. Basically it does not take any input. This is odd. I have other application are working well with web console. Also reinstalled more than 5 times with different versions- same result. Not moving forward from Root Password.

cdevkota-sc
Level 1
Level 1

This has been fixed once i installed VMRC. Thanks for your feedback.