Views
Helpful
Replies

Group XML File

j-lehmann
Level 4
Level 4

Hi @ all,

we use IM & Presence and want to use for some user a different jabber-config.xml file. We upload the file jabber-config-group1.xml  via CUCM TFTP File Managment. We restart the TFTP Services. After that we put the file name jabber-config-group1.xml to the

Cisco Support Field , reset the device. But the jabber client download still only the jabber-config.xml file.

Miss I something?

thx for help

5 Replies 5

skomazec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you looked at this new jabber-config.xml file to see if there are changes you have entered in jabber-config-group1.xml?

Downloaded file should be jabber-config.xml in any case.

Regards,

Srdjan

Hallo,

we start the client few times but the jabber-config.xml have only the default conifg in.

Restart of the TFTP services are enougth?

Here are the config file waht we want to add. The file is in utf-8 format

jpegPhoto

EDI

x.x.x.x

ou=Standorte,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com

(&(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(telephoneNumber=*))

true

true

false

presence

regards

Joerg

Hi,

And is downloaded jabber-config.xml differs from this one?

Can you show also recieved xml configuration?

Other than uploading correct xml file, restarting TFTP service and setting this file on CUCM under the phone settings "Cisco Support Field", there is nothing else required.

More details on configuration you can find here:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config_chapter_0101.html#JABW_TK_CD3600CC_00

Hi, I go in deept to check whats going wrong.

If I look in the logs i found the follwoing error.

[lephonyservice\TFTPConfigParser.cpp(133)] [TelephonyAdapter] [TFTPConfigParser::parseOutConfigurationFileName] - Detected that the "Cisco Support Field" has the following content: jabber-cups-config.xml

2013-10-18 12:22:13,236 DEBUG [0x000016cc] [elephonyServiceCapabilitiesImpl.cpp(153)] [subTelephonyServiceCapabilities] [SubTelephonyServiceCapabilitiesImpl::setSelectDeskphoneDevice] - Setting to value: [true]

2013-10-18 12:22:13,237 DEBUG [0x000019f0] [lephonyservice\TFTPConfigParser.cpp(150)] [TelephonyAdapter] [TFTPConfigParser::parseOutConfigurationFileName] - Ignoring "Cisco Support Field" key: [jabber-cups-config.xml]

But no reason why?

Any idea?

regards

joerg

Hi

sometime it is very important to RTFM.

We found the problem, after we set also the "configurationfile" in the supported field, it´s works.

Last question, my understanding of the xml files is. The the jabber client mix the jabber-config.xml and the cisco supported field jaber config to one file. But we see in the jabber client only the settings from the cisco supported field.

Is my undertstanding wrong or is this a bug?

regards

joerg