Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help --> Show Connection Status missing on Cisco Jabber 11.7.1 Build 46916

Hi Team,

I have installed Cisco Jabber for Windows 11.7.1 Build 46916 on my computer and I have come to realized that I cannot see the Help --> Show Connection Status like we used to see on previous versions.

I am not able to see where the Cisco Jabber is connected on, Soft Phone Mode, Directory Source, etc.

Any reason why Cisco might have removed this option from this version? 

PS: I have also tried 11.6 and have the same issue, I cannot see that Connection Status Button. I have attached a screenshot.

Warm regards,

Johnny Kabundi

8 Replies 8

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

To me, it sounds like Cisco Jabber wasn't installed properly; meaning, most likely there's a security policy or a/v program blocking something during the install. Under the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco System\Cisco Jabber\Plugins folder, you should notice roughly 25 to 35 folders depending on what version of Cisco Jabber you have. One of those folders should be called 'StatusTab'. Inside that folder contains the StatusTab.dll and StatusTab.xml. Needless to say, these files are referenced by the client to provide the status of the other services (i.e. Softphone, Deskphone, Voicemail, Presence, Directory, etc.).

1) Make sure you have a bunch of .dll and .xml files under the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco System\Cisco Jabber\Plugins folder.

2) If needed, then modify your security policy or a/v program to allow Cisco Jabber to fully install.

3) Make sure you install Cisco Jabber as the Administrator.

Good Luck!

Hi Team,

I am going to re-install Windows 7 SP1 32 bit and then install Cisco Jabber 11.7.1. I will let you know the outcome in around 1h time.

JK.

Hi Team,

I have installed a new VM within my UC Lab and this time, I am running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit SP1. Fresh install and then install Cisco Jabber 11.7.1. I am getting the exact error that I got on running Cisco Jabber 11.7.1 on 2 x Windows 7 Enterprise VM (64 bit).

Each time Cisco Jabber start, I get an error message, something about DLL, etc. as shown in the screenshot (attached). I am still not able to see the Connection Status.

Any idea why this is happening to me? 

Johnny Kabundi.

I'm at Live this week so I won't be able to look into it in detail until next week, I upgraded from 11.1 to 11.7 and got the same, the bug says that *ideally* a re-install should clear the problem, have not tried that, if you keep facing the same issue, I'd suggest you call TAC and reference that bug so they can look into it, as it doesn't seem to be fixed as the BU assumed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime,

I have downgraded from 11.7.1 to 11.5.5 and not having an issue at all. I tried 11.6 and had the same result as 11.7.

I think that I shall keep the installation on 11.5.5 hoping that Cisco will develop a fix for 11.7.1 and 11.6 soon.

Attached are some screenshots.

Johnny Kabundi.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, that does seem an issue with the install, it seems there's a problem with a DLL, I recently upgraded to that release in one of my test machines, and it does complain of a DLL, but still loads fine, I found this related bug:

CSCva31973    Show Connection Status & Error notifications not shown under Help

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Good find, Jaime. I misinterpreted the original post. I thought he said, he had problems with v11.7.1 and with a previous version of Cisco Jabber... so, I didn't even think about looking for bugs.

Jaime, 

Seems like the Bug ID given is Internal only within Cisco. I do not yet have permission to see the information associated with that defect.

JK.