cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Create a New Room

tmannino
Level 1
Level 1

I see no option to create a new room. I also followed the directions and do not see the option on my screen.

12 Replies 12

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your screenshot is cropped, can you show what you see to the right of Recents? I see the left screenshot but not the right

tmannino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. My image is not cropped. However, I expanded the screen as much as I could. Here is the new image.

spark.jpg

That's all I need, look at the square box on the right next to recents. That's how you create a new room

spark.png

Incorrect. This is what I see. No option to create a new room

spark.jpg

Umm how is that incorrect. You enter the names of the people and hit go chat, that's how you create a Room

I don't want to chat with people first I want to create the room and invite people to the room. I was able to do that a few weeks ago.  Why cannot I do that now?

That's how it works now to create a new room and invite folks or go to an existing room and invite folks. This is what is called an "agile" roadmap, UI changes...

So much easier before. A step backwards no doubt.

When we follow these steps with a valid (external) email address, the page says "No Results" and the "Go Chat" button is grayed out.  What is the cause of the error? Should we not be able to invite anyone to a C2 room?

Spark Chat Error.jpg

Susan,

Is your gmail address added in to team? To add people in to team room, they have to be part of that team at first.

-m

Hi Susan,

Simply press Enter after inputting an email address to add it! (The greyed out button will be fixed in an upcoming release)

Glenn

stewcurr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have taken feedback on board regarding the user experience around creating rooms and have changes planned to improve this experience.