cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone Client not Connecting Until Device Config is "Saved"

Gary Parker
Level 1
Level 1

Afternoon all, I've got a strange little issue with around 5 or 6 of our iPhone users who are setup with the Jabber client (voice, not IM). The client will operate fine for a few weeks then for no apparent reason stop connecting. Going into the troubleshooting page within the app I can see the connection status for directory and voicemail are fine but Desk Phone Integration and Internet Calling get stuck forever on "connecting". Experimentation found that going into the device's "Phone Configuration" page on CUCM and simply clicking "Save" with no changes made saw the device connect immediately and operate fine again for a few weeks until the same behaviour returned.

Is this a known issue or is it worth opening a TAC case?

We're on CUCM 8.6.2.20000-2, with the iPhone client 9.0.2.20078

Gary

11 Replies 11

建东 吕
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gary, we are running into same problem here. Have you solved this issue? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not, we can fix these issues after they occur but would rather be pro-active about it somehow

Hi Gary, thanks for your reply. We are guessing that it may triggered by wlan. We are running under Aruba. Could you please share your wlan environment?

I am facing the same issue with 8.6.2 SU3 and jabber 9.1.4

but for version 8.6.2 20000 there is a bug which says if you upgrade it to specific ES it gets fixed, i have fixed for lot of customer.

fixed version is

That sounds promising. We're coming around to doing some upgrades soon so we'll see if that sorts it.

Hi Gary, Have you upgraded your system? Is new version able to fix this issue? This problem really slows down the project we are carrying on.Thanks.

We're an all-Cisco house for networking and UC. Currently running 1131 and 1141 APs with WISMs and Prime infrastructure.

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue.

I have a TAC case open since... 2 months and I still don't have a solution.

Has anybody found a solution???

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Just in case it helps anyone, I have been working with cisco TAC and they just confirmed this is a new bug for us. It should be fixed on version 9.1 but we have 8.6 so going to that version is not an option for now.

They told me they will generate a patch for our particular version, with the help of the dev team, so the issue can be fixed.

Regards,

Hi Daniel, has Cisco team generated the patch for your vesion? Could you please share the it ? Really appreciate.

Hi dgomezqui, has Cisco team generated the patch for your vesion? Could you please share the it ? Really appreciate.