cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a default jabberlocalconfig.xml location

rharberts
Level 1
Level 1

I am currenlty trying to roll out Cisco Jabber 9.6 out to 300+ pcs. I have tried using the .mst file, i have tried using the msi switches, but I cannot get jabber to open to the correct settings on first launch for each user.  Currently they have to sign in, get the error which allows them to get into the settings window, select "cisco Communications Manager (phone only)" and then "use the following servers". Now the server info does auto populate in the tftp,cti and ccmcip fields but i cannot figure a way to make these default.  

I then tried to setup on jabberlocalconfig.xml and copied it to all Doc&Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config but when a new user logs in, they are created a default jabberlocalconfig.xml file with no settings applied.

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

jabberconfig.xml needs to be downloaded from CUCM TFTP server, you upload the file to your CUCM TFTP servers and let the clients download it.

Chris

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

jabber for windows 9.6 is expecting a _cupslogin TCP record created for the domain name that you mention in the first log in prompt;

you may want to refer to the "_cuplogin" section of the following document ;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_6/CJAB_BK_C606D8A9_00_cisco-jabber-dns-configuration-guide/CJAB_BK_C606D8A9_00_cisco-jabber-dns-configuration-guide_chapter_010.html#CJAB_RF_S2C1A378_00

i hope this helps.