Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ITL file delete in bulk for remote locations

I have deployed a new CUCM 12.5 cluster and I want to migrate all phones from old cucm 11.5 to new cucm 12.5 ...and I need to delete the ITL file of the phone because without that phones are not getting resisted to new cucm ...but the challenge is we have over 300 locations and around 7 to 8k phones so it is difficult and time consuming to erase ITL file manually...is there any method to delete ITL file in bulk remotely???

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You don’t have to delete the ITL to move phones from one cluster to another. You have a couple of options at hand to handle this.

• You can change a parameter in the source CM to turn off security by default.
  • You can do a certificate export from your new cluster and use the migration option to get these to be present on the source cluster. With this your phones will be able to establish a trust relationship with your new cluster.

Only one of these are needed to be done.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Hi sir,

As per cisco document one method to migrate phones in between non secure clusters is to set  “Prepare Cluster for Rollback to Pre-8.0" to true on source cluster and RESTART THE PHONES which will only blank out the ITL file.

My only question is when I set this option to true on the source cucm cluster, will all my phones get automatically restart and get the blank ITL or can I restart the phones manually location wise after enabling the option set to true.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, there are 3rd party apps to do that

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi ,

Is there any possibilities to do it by CUCmM itself

Get Outlook for Android

Simple answer, no there is no option in CM for this. At least not if the phone(s) has lost trust. If you’re phones still trust their CM cluster you can turn off security by default and this would delete the ITL from the phones.

Response Signature

You don’t have to delete the ITL to move phones from one cluster to another. You have a couple of options at hand to handle this.

• You can change a parameter in the source CM to turn off security by default.
  • You can do a certificate export from your new cluster and use the migration option to get these to be present on the source cluster. With this your phones will be able to establish a trust relationship with your new cluster.

Only one of these are needed to be done.

Response Signature

Hi Sir,

If possible, would you please share any document related to this approach.

For the certificate option you can follow this document. https://www.uccollabing.com/migrating-itl-files-between-cucm-clusters/
For the other option you got a link to a document from @Vinod.s 

Response Signature

Hi sir,

if possible, Would you please share any document file related to this approach.

Thank you!

Hi Mohammed,

If you are migrating the entire cluster at one go, you can use the feature called “Prepare Cluster for Rollback to Pre-8.0” (Link shared below) which will help you to migrate all the IP Phones without any issues. But the challenge comes in when you have been asked to migrate IP Phones partially.

Please follow below link...

https://www.uccollabing.com/migrating-itl-files-between-cucm-clusters/

Hope this helps 

Hi sir,

As per cisco document one method to migrate phones in between non secure clusters is to set  “Prepare Cluster for Rollback to Pre-8.0" to true on source cluster and RESTART THE PHONES which will only blank out the ITL file.

My only question is when I set this option to true on the source cucm cluster, will all my phones get automatically restart and get the blank ITL or can I restart the phones manually location wise after enabling the option set to true.

@MohammedUmarKhan04693 Why have you marked your own reply as the answer to your post?

To your question, from what I recall phones are not automatically restarted after you change this parameter. Having this set can cause service impact, so you’d don’t want to have this set over a longer period. It’s there for moving phones to the new cluster and you’d better plan to have this done in a short as possible time frame.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: