cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 10.6 Voicemail Options

John Aberasturi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Some of my users are able to see their voice mails in the Jabber client. Others are being told to Call Voice Mail or go to the Phone Accounts tab to set it up, but there is no Phone Accounts tab.  It was there on the older version.  I tried reverting a machine back to 9.7 and it still wouldn't provide the Phone Accounts tab.  I'm guessing this comes from the jabber-config.xml, but should everyone be getting the same exact config?  How do I get the Phone Tab or at minimum the voice mails to show up in the client? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Miquel Bover
Level 1
Level 1

Hello John,

If you want the Phone Account tab you must set the "Credentials source for voicemail service" to "Not Set" in the CUCM Service Profile.

Go to CUCM Admin web: User Management => User Settings => Service Profile => Select the Service Profie and in the section Voice Mail Profile set the "Credentials source for voicemail service" to "Not Set"

After modify the Service Profile reset the Jabber client to factory defaults, and once logged in the Jabber go to "File => Options => Phone Accounts" and set the username/password.

HTH

Miquel Bover

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Miquel Bover
Level 1
Level 1

Hello John,

If you want the Phone Account tab you must set the "Credentials source for voicemail service" to "Not Set" in the CUCM Service Profile.

Go to CUCM Admin web: User Management => User Settings => Service Profile => Select the Service Profie and in the section Voice Mail Profile set the "Credentials source for voicemail service" to "Not Set"

After modify the Service Profile reset the Jabber client to factory defaults, and once logged in the Jabber go to "File => Options => Phone Accounts" and set the username/password.

HTH

Miquel Bover

Worked like a champ. Thanks Miquel.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: