Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.5 - supported xml elements in import contacts list

lucasmarcel
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Jabber 11.5.1 for Windows.

Are <uname> and <fname> the only xml elements supported in a contact list file to import into Jabber using the File>Import contacts menu?

If I go to File>New>Custom contact, there are many other fields available. Is there a table mapping the fields available in the Create Custom Contact window to xml elements that could be imported? I am mostly interested in the Work phone field but it would be nice to have the other ones also.Or maybe there is another way to import custom contacts that I am not aware of.Thanks in advance for letting me know.

2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

At this time only XML import is supported for Cisco Jabber contacts and XML import supports only two fields: <uname> and <fname>. There are no other options to import the contacts.

Please use below Cisco Jabber end user guide for more details:

www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_5/JABW_BK_C3428BB7_00_ciscojabber-for-windows-115-userguide.html#JABW_TP_C94DCBEC_00

Thanks,

Vaijanath

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

I work for a very large IT organization that is currently migrating to Jabber.  Since the legacy "unified telephony" solution permits storage of name, email and phone numbers, many of us have extensive contact lists to be imported into Jabber.

Without additional XML tags in the import file, we'll end up wasting a lot of time typing phone numbers into Jabber, one contact at a time.

Frankly, I'm amazed that such a great product has left such a large gap in the migration process.  Please advise if/when you have this feature.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: