cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.5, The procedure entry point could not be located Meeting Service.dll

jasoncoxlee
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading from Jabber 11.1.2 to 11.5.0, Jabber runs fine until I restart my computer.  After a reboot a get the following message "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\services\MeetingService\MeetingService.dll". After clicking "OK" the box goes away and immediately comes back.

I have tried uninstalling and reverting to 11.1 and it works fine.  Then try uninstalling using the uninstaller, and reinstalling 11.5.  Works fine until reboot at which point I get the error again.

Has anyone else seen this specific issue and been able to resolve and stay at 11.5?

16 Replies 16

I was able to resolve my particular issue by uninstalling Jabber, deleting the .dll and .xml files located in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\services\MeetingService

MeetingService.dll

MeetingService.xml

And then reinstalling Jabber 11.5.

After restarting Jabber I am no longer getting the error messages.  The meetings tab is still updating normally, but the deleted files did not come back as I expected them to.  Maybe left over from an old Jabber version?

Cisco's official cause was corrupted system files on my PC. Maybe a future version will address these unnecessary files being left over, if that is the case.

Thanks I might try removing the DLL's in a VM and see what results I get