Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.1 softphone sound starts first after a couple of seconds

We have a problem with Jabber for Windows 9.1, if I make or receive a call Jabber softphone starts sending sound 5-7 seconds after the call is setup, before that nobody can hear me. I can also see that the "Start my video" button appears at the same time thet the client starts sending sound.

nosound.jpg

While it says calling I can hear the other side but they can not hear me.

sound.jpg

The timer starts counting first when the other part can hear me.

6 Replies 6

Problem solved with a reboot but it seems to be something that is coming back after a couple of days.

Hey Maciej,

Are you on softphone or deskphone ?

When this happens it would be useful to have a look at the media negotiation and see if there is any delay establishing media on the jabber side.

HTH,

Christos

Hi Maciej,

Your problem description closely matches a known issue with 9.1 release. When this happens again can you do following?

• Go to the Services on your PC
  • Manage Computer -> Sevices and Applications
  • Then look for Cisco Media Services and check that it is enabled and started.
  • If it is not started then right click on the service and click start.

We have got reports where medianet is installed but not started on PC. This causes the delay similar to what you are seeing. I will provide defect ID if you are hitting this problem.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

Was there a defect ID for this?

We are hitting this quite a bit since rolling out 9.1 however only seems to be on internal calls only???

Cheers!

Hi James,

Can you try 9.1(1) that was released last week? It contains the fix for this issue. If your problem is not resolved after upgrade, then please raise a TAC case.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks Maqsood,

Yes, starting the service did resolve the issue.

Although we have downloaded 9.1.1, we want to put it through some testing as we don't want to deploy to thousands of users if it has more bugs then the previous version (9.1.0). We already made that mistake deploying 9.1.0 over 9.0.5.

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: