Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 9.6 for Android voice issue on Samsung S5

iamroot80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Since the latest Jabber 9.6 Update for Android, Voice is only working one-way any more on Samsung S5 - i cannot hear the person talking to me, but the other person can hear me.

The client got already completely re-installed but the issue is still in place.

Is there some change on Server-Side required or is the new Jabber Client simply no longer working on S5? (the old worked....)

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there are a few things that might be the case;

-> Jabber for android is not tested with Samsung galaxy S5 as of now; here is a list of phones that should work well; http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/9_6/RN/JABA_BK_JC9A5408_00_jabber-android-release-notes-9-6.html#JABI_RF_HD6503B0_00

• Samsung Galaxy SII (Android OS 4.1.2 or later)
  •  Samsung Galaxy SIII (Android OS 4.1.2 or later)
  •  Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android OS 4.1.2 or later)
  •  Samsung Galaxy Note II (Android OS 4.1.2 or later)
  •  Google Nexus 5 (Android OS 4.4)
  •  Sony Xperia Z1 (Android OS 4.1.2 or later)
  • Sony Xperia ZR/A (Android OS 4.1.2 or later)

The device must be able to access the corporate network in order to use audio and video capabilities.

Also in order to make sure that this is not an issue with the network; can you get this tested with a supported phone as listed above to see if the audio works both ways.

Please rate if this helps.

I know that release notes but as mentioned: 

it worked with Samsung S5 with the previous version of Jabber for Android - so where is the sense of changing a client that it doesn't work any more on a current Phone and to support only old devices?

Were you able to get a fix for the Jabber for Android and the Galaxy S5 to work?

No, have already 2 Users with S5 - both can no longer talk via Jabber (i hear them but they do not hear me - so just one-way audio).

Try disabling WMM support on SSID , which will eventually disable 11n data rates. Seems to be some issue with Samsung on 11n . You may try this , it might work for you.

Regards

Vinay

Very Thank you .it working well

I have a nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2 and Jabber 9.6 and it does not work. Call is established but no audio on either way. I am using anyconnect from home. If I do the same thing frim an iPhone 4s, runnung Jabber 9.6, anyconnect, same network it works!!! Voice and video, beautifully. Definitel, Jabber 9.6 running on Androids 4.4.2 and Nexus 5, does not work through VPN.

horia.ana
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem un Samsung S4 using anyconnect. Works on S4 mini

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

In the CUCM Device page, could you confirm the IP address used by Jabber to register with CUCM? Also, please check signalling and verify the IP address used.

The 4.4 version of Android is having a defect, due to which applications use the source IP address of the 3G or Wi-fi Interface when it is connected over VPN.

Due to this, the other end cannot route the RTP stream and one way audio issue occurs. This is a Google defect, yet to be fixed.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=vpn&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars&groupby=&sort=&id=64819

HTH

Nirmal Issac

The best way to confirm is to test using a device running Android 4.3