cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber and EM

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have deployed separately jabber clients as agent phones and agents with EM profiles again all good. However we are looking to provide EM in the office with jabber as a soft phone when the agent works from home or in  BCP environment however we came against issue with this. Finesse fails to log in with shared lines-my  thinking is that it fails due to the agents DN having the DN on jabber and EM profile - is this correct? 

Any work around where we can have an EM profile as with a physical office phone  and a jabber client with the same DN or do we have to give them different DN- jabber and EM profile 

Thanks 

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want to do there there is an unsupported scenario which involves Configuring the same Unified CCX extension in more than one device profile, or configuring the same Unified CCX extension in any combination of device profiles and devices. Refer Unsupported and Supported Configurations for Agent Phones section of below document:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact...

The workaround that you can follow here is to create another end user profile for the agents that will be their WFH profile and associate Jabber with that and make sure the IPCC extension on Jabber is different so basically two different set of userid(s) / password(s) / IPCC Extension (s)

Regards

Deepak

Two dn's- that's what we do now, I'm just trying to get away from that process. By the way we use  ucce 10.5

You can provide users with IP communicator and they can use the same EM profile to login from office or from home. on EM you can have two lines, one is personal or non-cc line and the other one is contact center line and the personal line can be shared by jabber and other devices.

Thanks again, but where I work, they just require one type of soft phone rather then jabber and cipc