Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber android

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have a question regarding authentication jabber android.

It states that it supports digest authentication.

What does that mean?

You must use digest authentication, or can you use the original way to configure jabber-android?

Thanks,

JH           

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

SIP Digest Authentication allows CUCM to challenge the registration request from the soft phone client by requesting a password (this is a parameter on the End User Configuration page). The client must respond with an MD5-hashed value of the password before it can register. For reference, none of the Cisco IP Phones do this since SCCP does not have an authentication mechanism (mixed mode clusters rely on certificates and TLS authentication).

Without digest authentication enabled anyone who knows the device name and can get on your network can register and make/receive calls from that user's DN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/8.6/JABI_BK_J29330BB_00_jabber-for-iphone-admin-guide_chapter_011.html#JABI_RF_SEAFA075_00

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thank you for your response.

So we don't need digest authentication, it is just an option.

We have configured jabber for iphone/ipad and windows with and without certificate/vpn/ASA

But we have problems with android devices, till now we were not able to register it on a local wifi (no vpn, nothing)

We found a device that should be supported, but still no show.

All iphone's / windows clients work perfecttly, but Android...

Android seems to give more problems...

Jan

Have you followed the separate Jabber for Android administration guide? The device type (COP file), SIP Profile timers, device name, and other settings are not the same as the iOS client.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Yes I did.

I shall double check everything again and create the android devices from scratch.

Thanks for your help,

Jan